Nursing BooksRegister Today!
- by Cortney2013 Jun 10I was very fortunate and received my letter of acceptance to my local community college. I haven't been to orientation yet so I am still very unsure of what all I am going to need but I was looking up classes and books and I was wondering if you guys suggest buying used books or should I just go ahead and spend the extra money for new books? I usually get used books but was wondering with all the use the program books are going to get should I buy new ones??
- Jun 10 by ashley.wilsonHey congrats I just got all my books this weekend most o them I got used and they are in pretty much perfect condition other than highlighting in them which I don't mind it helps me know what some of the focus was on last year I would buy them used if you can it saved me like 300
- Jun 11 by braveraI think that depends on your learning style and studying methods. I usually buy my books new because I like highlighting in my textbooks and am very type A about the condition of my books. If you don't care much about that, I would buy used. I've bought a lot of used books in my pre-reqs and have never had a problem with them. Amazon has an especially strict policy on used textbooks, in my opinion. I tried to sell back a paperback text through Amazon (not individual Amazon sellers) but they wouldn't take it because the corner of the cover was slightly folded over, so I would suggest buying there. Plus, it's usually cheaper.
- Jun 12 by Georgia peach RNYou should consider the publication date of the used books. My NSG instructors required our class to cite all materials we turned in and our books had to be 5 yrs or less old unless they specifically allowed a certain book or material to be used. That means if we bought used books and the publication date was greater than 5 years old we could not cite the material in that book.
You should also consider you projected graduation date, you may not want to buy any used books that will be more than 5 yrs old upon graduation.
Good luck and congratulations
- Jun 12 by blondebabe0625You should try half.com for your books!
- Jun 13 by lorirn2bI thought the books were generally a package deal at the bookstore? I don't know for us, we haven't had orientation yet! *tapping foot impatiently* But from what I have read on here, it is about 19 books.
- Jun 13 by Cortney2013We also haven't had orientation but from what I can tell it is going to be about $1,300 for new books. I am not sure about used because I am just going by last years schedule. I have orientation on July 9th so maybe I can find out more then!