Need an online english composition class stat!
- 0Oct 9, '13 by mswtruthHello!
I am in my last semester of prereqs to apply to BSN and ADN nursing programs for Fall 2014. I have a stellar gpa of 3.7 now but a checkered past from my early college years 15-16yrs ago. I am applying to Sonoma State University for Fall 2014 and just learned that I need a B or higher in both required English GE courses, Statistics and Speech. I meet them all except for a C in English Composition I received in 1995! I was told last semester that it had to be a C or higher. Had I known I would be retaking the class now or done it over the summer.
I'd like to retake the class as soon as I can so I can be considered as an applicant. I'm 6 months pregnant and really doing everything I can to apply everywhere for Fall 2014. University applications are due to the university Nov 30th and to the Nursing Dept 2/28/14. Do I have a shot at retaking this course online somewhere quickly? I took a Statistics online extension course through UC Berkley that you can sign up for at anytime and need to complete in 3-6 months. Does anyone know if there's something like that available online that would be transferable to CSU's?
- 0Oct 9, '13 by Miiki SNLSU Distance?
Their distance English can be completed in a few weeks depending on how fast you do the lessons. There were 15 lessons. You did the first 8, took a midterm (timed essay), did the last 7, then another final (another timed essay). I got an A in it. You can start the next lesson as soon as you submit the previous one, except for the exams where you have to wait for a grade before starting. The "exams" are proctored online too, so you don't have to leave your home.
- 0Nov 1, '13 by mswtruthHow long did it take you to finish the course Miiki SN? What would you rate it on a level of difficulty? How long would a typical lesson take you hour wise? Thanks for the recommendation! UC Berkley's Extension also has an online english comp course that could be completed in as soon as 90 days. I was contemplating that as well.
- 0Nov 2, '13 by Miiki SNQuote from mswtruthIt took me about a month to do all of the lessons (15). I enrolled in Oct. but I didn't start until December. Each lesson would take me anywhere between 2 hours and 2 days depending on my motivation level. Some lessons were short answer, but most were essays. I didn't find it hard, but I've always gotten good feedback on my writing skills.How long did it take you to finish the course Miiki SN? What would you rate it on a level of difficulty? How long would a typical lesson take you hour wise? Thanks for the recommendation! UC Berkley's Extension also has an online english comp course that could be completed in as soon as 90 days. I was contemplating that as well.
- 0Nov 2, '13 by mrsboots87My state has Rio Salado CC. Its a completely online school and the English courses are either 8 weeks or 14 weeks long. More info here Rio Salado College | Rio Salado College Im not sure what out of state tuition costs, but just another option. When you register for a class, it will give a 2 month period that you can decide your start date within. Then assignments are due each Saturday.