More A& P questions....
- 0Apr 16, '13 by HeatherMaxI am in BIO 100 right now, have an A. I still need to take A&P and Chem, I have zero experience in Chemistry. Is there chem in A&P? Would I be better off taking the 10 week summer A&P w/lab or Chem w/lab? I do not want to set myself up for failure.
- 1Apr 16, '13 by queenelsaThere isn't a huge amount of chemistry in A&P but there is a little. It's an in-depth study of the structure and function of the human body. You learn all the parts and how they work. If you are doing well in biology you shouldn't have an issue.
Chemistry was harder for me but I haven't taken it in ten years. Summer programs can be scary! Just set yourself a study schedule and stick to it. You won't fail.
- 1Apr 16, '13 by TWierschI had the same question before I started A&P. There is a little chem in the beginning but basic easy material. If you can pick up your A&P book ahead of time or a cliff notes style book for A&P, you can take a look. I don't think you need chemistry first.
- 0Apr 16, '13 by meg2014I haven't took A&P yet, I'm taking a 10 week course this summer (really nervous about it!) But I am in Chemistry right now and I wouldn't suggest taking a 10 week class if you can help it. ( in my opinion) it is HARD! The hardest class yet and I couldn't imagine all of that confusing material packed into 10 weeks!! Good luck! Study constantly and you can do it
- 0Apr 16, '13 by meg2014Quote from HeatherMaxThat is a good point. What other classes would you have along with chemistry if you wait until next semester? I have 3 other classes right now plus chemistry. Fairly easy classes though. I still would rather have more time with chem than have taken it by itself in 10 week course. that is just my opinion. It also depends on how good you are at science stuff...and there is a lot of math in chem too. Either class is going to be super tough do GOOD LUCK!! :-)If I do it this summer I can take that and only that, if I take it in the fall I have to take 12 credits. I would be able to focus almost all my energy on just A&P this summer.