Methodist College of NursingRegister Today!
- by goodguy123 Feb 27, '10I am accepted into MCON accelerated BSN program. can someone tell me about the program, is it any good. How are the classes? How are the professors?
- Mar 10, '10 by runrunasfastasyoucanThe classes are unorganized, chaotic. A few teachers are great but the rest couldnt give a care about you or your success. Good luck. Go somewhere else if you can. You will be teaching yourself if you go here and giving them 8k to laugh about.
- Mar 10, '10 by goodguy123runasfastasyoucan,
are you in the program now? what is the dropout rate? i know the program recently began, however how many were accepted and dropped out or failed out? is the schedule hectic? is the schedule doable with part time work? what is the workload?
i apprecaite your response as I am still deciding between 2 schools.
- Mar 13, '10 by runrunasfastasyoucanThere are 68 in my J1 class right now. The teachers could care less if you fail or pass or if you understand the material. I have no idea what the pass/fail rate is. I've heard mixed reviews on that. The class and others ahead of us are constantly having to fight for our grades as they don't care. We've been told by Seniors that the school does not care and will not make changes to the ridiculous and pathetic output of the teachers. The clinical and labs leading up to them are embarrassing and the skills are left on you to learn as the teachers can't even get it right themselves. I am working 3 days a week as a server and have realized this is too much. The school requires hours and hours to barely get a decent passing grade and most of the time you will still fail with ten hours put in. Multiple teachers are teaching one class and can't get their stories right nor the tests of material that was never went over. If things don't get better I am going to hopefully be able to switch programs after a year. This school is an embarrassment and how it became accredited is a sham. I was talking with some girls about recommending this school when people ask and none of us said we would so especially since you have another offer from another school don't come here. The people you talk to are nice, so nice, yet once your hear you don't deal with them but teachers who don't care and trust me its such a disappointment.
- Sep 28, '11 by TexHawsI am in the 2nd degree program and am a Senior. I have mixed feelings about the program. In the end, as with anything you get what you put into it. I have done well and have put a lot of time into it. Feel free to email me jonhaws(AT)gmail or i have a blog with some of my experiences mconmalenurse it is on blogspot
- Sep 28, '11 by bigboiWhich methodist is this? In peoria IL?