Last prerequisite stress!Register Today!
- by tp003102449 Oct 6Hello! I am on my last prerequisite and it is stressing me out royally! The prerequisite is applied statistics. I study very hard for this class, use multiple books and always complete my homework on time; yet I got a 76 in my first exam. We are on probability and central limit theorem and it just feels like a haze to me. We are headed for our second exam and I am quite nervous! I m nervous in general about this class as it could ruin my chances of getting accepted into my school's BSN program if I do not do well. Does anyone have any encouraging/ uplifting sentiments they would like to share? I could really use some encouragement and support Thank you for your time and consideration=)
- Oct 6 by mz23I think you responded to my post about anxiety. Your very close to a B so for sure you will g et a B of you keep trying. Does your school have a tutoring lab? And well at least its not a science course. Im taking micro and got 77 on first test. I wont know what I got on the 2nd until tues. I realize I left out a lot of ibfo on one of the essay questions that I knew I just didnt mention. Im getting depressed if I dont get an A im screwed. Im so stressed now my eye has been twitching lately! !!I think we need to stop stressing im sure its making us do worse. Youll get into your program!!
- Oct 6 by tp003102449Yes I did=) Thank you for responding to my post=) I am just venting, this too shall pass. The stress is deffinitely not helping though.
- Oct 6 by tp003102449My school does have a tutoring lab, which I do go to. Which part of micro are you struggling in? Lab or lecture? Does your school have some sort of supplemental instruction after class?I got a B in micro when I took it, but my teacher was new and didn't know how or what to teach exactly. My teacher for micro even suggested we use Wikipedia as a reference source! She also interrupted the class to fix her exams while we were taking them! Don't worry, if I could survive that, you can do well in your class=) First exams are always tough, first exams are not always a good measure of the grade you will end up with=)
- Oct 10 by sckooshy1Glad I came across this one! I am on my last prereq before I can apply to ASN programs, and I am taking micro! It is TOUGH for me. S much chemistry involved, and I was lucky to pass chem in the first place! My professor seems to grade well, but I even went to tutoring and had a hard time with glycolysis, Krebs Cycle, ETC, you name it. If it's any chemistry concept, I go blank! I did great in A&P 1 and 2! This is killing me. Lecture mostly. Lab is okay. I have alot of anxiety with lab because I am slow, but my lab partners are fast! I feel pretty stupid sometimes that I am just trying to figure out what they are doing while they are doing it, but tonight I pre-read the assignment and that helped because I hadn't been doing that, so I knew what to do for the most part. Sometimes I feel like if I cannot handle one micro class, how am I going to handle the actual nursing program?!! That terrifies me.
Sorry, didn't really put your mind at ease there. You are going for your BSN, so you are in a much higher class than I would take. Do you even need a B or higher in statistics? I know that in the colleges here, at least the associate degree ones, they only look to see if you got a B or higher in the 3 science classes. A's give you more points to get in.
- Oct 10 by mz23Quote from tp003102449My school does have a tutoring lab, which I do go to. Which part of micro are you struggling in? Lab or lecture? Does your school have some sort of supplemental instruction after class?I got a B in micro when I took it, but my teacher was new and didn't know how or what to teach exactly. My teacher for micro even suggested we use Wikipedia as a reference source! She also interrupted the class to fix her exams while we were taking them! Don't worry, if I could survive that, you can do well in your class=) First exams are always tough, first exams are not always a good measure of the grade you will end up with=)
Lol I don't know what im struggling in sonetimes I just feel ill prepared and im getting discouraged and frusterated. I have a baby who wakes up a bazillion times at night and its my only time to study. Shes 15 months so hopefully shell sleep through the night very soon. Im a singlr mom so no help : ( idk how id get through the nursing progran. Another stress!! I think I thought micro was gonna be so easy so I think im in kinda a shock still lol. Its a lot of work just like the other sciences : /
My school has a tutor lab but last time I went they said thet didn't have any tutors available for micro. I know many of the tutors there last senester got into some type of program *shruggs* ill have to try back but I really can't afford to pay extra money for day care. Are you applying to other schools besides the one you currently attend or are you willing to transfer?