Is an iPad beneficial? - page 4
by Brookelin | 6,786 Views | 42 Comments
I have an off question, but figured you guys would be the best ones to ask. I'm probably one of the last people to not have a stinkin Apple iPad. I'm toying with the idea of buying one but only if it will be useful. Have any... Read More
- 0Jun 22, '12 by BiloxiQueenI have the wifi only 64 gig iPad and it hasn't slowed me down. There is wifi at my college, but I didn't need to use it much at school because I did most of my work on the Internet at home. 50 bucks is about how much it cost for AT&T, but I have Internet on my iPhone and there was no way I was paying for it on my iPad too.
- 0Jun 22, '12 by lovedijahI don't think it's worth it. I'm cheap though. Cool to have? Yes. But people have been taking notes since 1832 without Ipads. Also, it seems difficult to take notes on Ipads. Then you have to worry about charging and sitting somewhere near a plug. Also my attention span. NO NO NO. I'd be sitting in class tempted to play the game where you hit the fruits. NO NO NO. But maybe it'll work for you. I just know my weak points.
- 0Jun 22, '12 by SummitRNTablets are ultimately toys. They are neat, fun toys. They don't offer the productivity of a laptop. Everyone who tried to use an i-pad as their mobile computer in nursing school eventually bought an external keyboard. If your tablet has a keyboard, why don't you get a laptop?
The best tool you can use for typed note taking is Microsoft OneNote.
- 0Oct 5, '12 by GSUEagleI agree. I buy my books hard copy as well. I see no benefit in buying the digital copy, and only having a year lease on it. If I'm paying $80-100 dollars for a book, you can damn well bet I'll keep it as long as I wish. I'd rather spend the $50 extra dollars to have my book forever. 😄
- 0Oct 5, '12 by StephalumpQuote from GSUEagleI can use mine to record and take notes during a 3 hour lecture and go home with 80% battery life, so not too shabby.If you're taking notes for 9 hrs then yes, you'd need to charge. I do agree that it can be a challenge to sit in class and not play on it though. I'm fairly certain there were pre-reqs that I never heard a word in (like 'First Year Experience'). Lol
- 0Oct 5, '12 by vintagemotherRegarding wireless Internet access on the iPad and other cost savings tips: I bought my iPad with 3g and wifi refurbished from apple online. It was the same price as a new one at Walmart without both the 3G and wifi.I bought an iPhone from virgin mobile. I added wireless modem service to my cell phone plan for $15 with no contract. Internet is slow, but has provided me with mobile access cheaply. This way I can go online on my iPad whenever I want.
- 0Oct 9, '12 by zoe92The only time I have used an iPad for school was when listening to two lectures that my professor posted online. I liked it because I could prop it up next to me without it being too bulky. I was able to follow with my pen & Powerpoint in hand. It was pretty neat, but I would never take it to class with me because I am pretty clumsy & sure I would drop it or something.