International version of Seeley's A&P 9th editionRegister Today!
This is a discussion on International version of Seeley's A&P 9th edition in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I rented the book for the summer and I just found out it is needed for a&p 2 as well. This book is...by zhandra Jun 6, '12I rented the book for the summer and I just found out it is needed for a&p 2 as well. This book is huge and I was thinking about just buying the International Version that is Loose Leaf that way I can only take the chapters to class that is needed. My question is..... Is it the same meaning that it is in color and maybe most of the pictures. My teacher really emphasizes on the pictures. Any suggestions
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=719952©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 651 Views
- Jun 6, '12 by CDEWannaBeIf you get the International version you won't be able to sell it back. I've heard that the International versions have some different information, but you'd have to compare it against the real version of the book to really determine if it's the same or not.
I rented my anatomy book from Chegg.com and it was so much cheaper! The pictures really are helpful for the anatomy part. We didn't use a textbook for physiology.
Another option is to check in the Science department at your school and ask the secretaries there if they have any extra copies of the book you could borrow for the semester. I work at a community college and we commonly have extra copies of the book from the publishing company. If you're nice to the assistant, that person will help you if he/she can.
- Jun 6, '12 by zhandrai already rented it from bookrenter.com because it was cheaper then chegg (i usually use chegg). I really would rather own a copy since I would be needing it for a&p 1 and 2. I went to textbookw.com and seen the international version for under $70. Its a 7 return policy and $25 restock fee. I emailed them and ask about it. They said they didn't know and that it was a UK versus India version. I was hoping that someone purchased the International version just to feel better about getting it.
- Jun 6, '12 by 2BRN123don't email the seller, in my experience they typicall don't know anything.
contact the publisher:
general customer service
[color=#564637]for general customer service information, please send requests to:
general customer service
the mcgraw-hill companies
p.o. box 182604
columbus, oh 43272
- Jun 6, '12 by zhandraTY, I will do that, I just didnt know if they would be bias to purchase the US version because it is more $$$.
- Jun 6, '12 by 2BRN123They don't know what your course requirements are. If you simply ask them what the difference between the texts is, they should be able to objectively provide you with an answer.
If you aren't buying the book directly from them anyway, there is no incentive to sell you a more expensive book.