How much do LPN's really make?Register Today!
- by princezzav Oct 13, '12I'm planning to enter an LPN program and continuing to the RN program, but I'm thinking I might have to work while in the RN program. I was just curious how much LPN's make. I live in Chicago.
- Oct 13, '12 by EMT89There are certain websites that direct salary to location, just google it .
- Oct 13, '12 by vintagemotherI reccomend seeking out and talking to people who work in the field. For several years, I wanted to know the same thing, in my area- how much lvns make. Finally, I talked to a few lvns in snfs, and asked a few classmates. Just let people know you are trying to get into nursing school and you might be able to start networking and get the answers to your questions. Make sure you talk to new grads. The other way I learned about the pay is by asking the dsd or dons when I applied for cna jobs. I made sure to ask if they hire new grads also. HTH!!
- Oct 13, '12 by adoRNo2b2015Do you absolutely have to work while in school? Why don't just go for the RN program? Once you complete the LPN and pass your NCLEX you have to work as aLPN for at least 1 year (some places even 2) before you can apply for the LPN to RN bridge program. Good luck!
- Oct 14, '12 by adoRNo2b2015As for salary, it all depends where you're at. In Florida I hear they're at about $18 p/h. Also hospitals are having their LPN's get their RN.
- Oct 14, '12 by princezzavThank you for your responses! They were all very helpful. As fas as getting salary information from google, the ranges are so widespread. I'm not sure if I will have to work, but I just wanted some info in case I had to go that route.
- Oct 14, '12 by StephalumpIt really does depend on where you live and the setting. I know people here who started in nursing homes making $22/hr and people in dr's offices making $18/hr.
- Oct 14, '12 by vintagemotherQuote from StephalumpAnd in over saturated markets, I've heard of LVNs making $12/$13/hr while I have a friend who is an experienced LVN in an acute care facility who warns $35/hr (2 years ago) This wide range is who I reccomendation doing area specific new recent grad research.It really does depend on where you live and the setting. I know people here who started in nursing homes making $22/hr and people in dr's offices making $18/hr.