How Far do you want to go in your Nursing Education? - Page 5Register Today!
- Aug 28, '12 by Nickyg1225I am working towards my ADN right now, after this, I am going to continue to get a Masters in Nursing. Eventually, after some experience of course, I would like to be a nurse educator.
- Aug 29, '12 by rys22Working towards ADN right now, then get a job and work on my BSN online. I will see how I feel with that but at this point, being a NP is an option but not one I'm focusing on. Simply because, by the time I finish all this, I know I will just want a BREAK to be a mom and the kind of wife my husband deserves where I'm not flying around from work to school and back to work again
Good luck to you all and your dreams!! Keep your eyes on the goal but dont forget to enjoy the "now"
- Aug 29, '12 by citylights89Quote from carakristin1Thanks for the links! I'm with you on your last sentence though. It would be nice to shadow a forensic nurse so I can really see what their day-to-day work day is like.Hahahahahaha, so true! For me it's Criminal Minds and the Stephanie Plum books.
I'll let you know if I find more information about it! There are a couple websites I've found, and there's one university near me with a forensic nursing program, but not a whole lot else. Hold on a sec. *Goes to find websites*
What is a Forensic Nurse - Definition of Forensic Nursing -
UIC College of Nursing Educational Programs
These all give a pretty good overview, but I just wish there was more information about a day in the life, etc., know what I mean?
- Sep 1, '12 by carakristin1Shadowing would be the best. But you know, it just occurred to me that we could probably at least find a way to interview a forensic nurse if we wanted. I'm thinking that either going through a forensic nursing program and asking if any alumni are willing to do a quick interview about their jobs, or interviewing a forensic nurse working at an ER or in corrections like Steph's friend, might be a possiblity. I may look into that during winter break - only 4ish months to go!
- Sep 1, '12 by Orual Of GlomeI'm planning to get my BSN and work in the field for a bit before pursuing MSN and eventually become NP. It's fun to read everyone's goals!
- Sep 1, '12 by CT PixieI am currently an LPN in an LPN to RN bridge program. Upon completion I'll have my ADN. I am also taking classes to apply to the RN to BSN program. I'm stopping at BSN. I have no desire to be a CRNA, NP or APRN.
- Sep 1, '12 by umbdudeI'd say a BSN is a minimum for me. After that I'll have to see how much I enjoy the job and the benefits/cost of more education. I'll also want to see for myself what role NPs (or PAs) play and shadow them in order to decide whether I want to pursue it.
- Sep 15, '12 by SeasI am currently in RN to BSN program, finishing in May 2013. I want to go for MSN right after that.
I will stop at MSN.
- Sep 16, '12 by fcasteele10Yes it is fun to read what everyone's goals are. I'm considering getting my BSN, work for a while to gain experience and then go on to MSN. It also depends on the hours and salary I may hold off school for anything past that but for now, with two boys and working part time that's all for now.