How to choose the right program?!Register Today!
- by combsj25 Apr 8I am a 33 year old changing careers from Corporate America and pursuing an Accelerated BSN degree. I have been accepted into both my top 2 choice programs... and honestly having a difficult time deciding which to choose?
So I ask of you all --- how did you decide what school was right for you? What factors went into the decision?
Thanks in advance!
- Apr 8 by SopranoKrisI chose the program that is more highly regarded by the hospitals who hire their graduates. It actually ended up being an ADN program, instead of the BSN program. While I am still going to finish my BSN, I am definitely getting my RN from the ADN program. They have such a renowned reputation in the medical community for new graduate nurses with excellent technical & practical ability. The BSN program around here is more for the "paper pushing leadership" role. I'd rather have good, technical & practical ability than be a good paper pusher
I'll still get the BSN, once I'm done with the ADN program. Hopefully starting this fall
- Apr 8 by BeccaC623I'd look at their NCLEX pass rates personally, that's how I chose my program.
- Apr 8 by combsj25Thanks SopranoKris, were you able to obtain actual information from hospitals on their opinions of the programs? Or was this just insight you were somehow personally privy to. I actually think this is great advice and have already considered it to be honest... I am just not sure how to obtain that particular information.
Becca: Thank-you as well for your thoughts. They both have outstanding NCLEX pass rates, but I certainly appreciate your thoughts.
- Apr 9 by zoe92Do you happen to know anyone who is a current student at either school? I think talking to someone and hearing what they think as a student will be helpful because they won't sugarcoat it as much as professionals at the school will.