- 0Jan 26, '13 by CallowayzHello all, im having to take a & p 1&2 labs this summer which is only two months long. Can anyone give me an idea of what I'm headed for so I can brush up before summer semester starts.
- 0Jan 26, '13 by Devon RexHello!
A&P contains a LOT of information. It requires a lot of memorization as well. In the anatomy part you will learn the names of organs, muscles, bones, veins, arteries, nervous system, ect. In the physiology part you will learn the purpose/function of those parts.
You mentioned A&P 1&2 in the summer... I sure hope there are consecutive classes and not concurrent. You should only take one at a time, unless you are someone who can memorize and make sense out of things easily.
How to prepare? Well, if you can buy your textbooks ahead of time... do & start reading. Don't necessarily memorize at this point, but familiarize yourself with everything. Keep the memorization for when the class starts and you're able to ask questions and fit all the loose ends together. There are also plenty of YouTube videos available... just search them by topic/names. You will come across them.
- 0Jan 26, '13 by jh408I took the A&P II lab alone in a semester after I already took the lecture for it. As long as you have a foundation for A&P, you should be fine in taking the lab alone. The workload is about the same depending on how your TA/professor is in the lab. However, summer sessions tend to be very fast-paced so definitely go to labs everyday and keep up with the reading and postlabs.
- 0Jan 26, '13 by Devon RexQuote from CallowayzI'm not familiar with that setup, so I can't really comment on it. Best of luck though!I'm only taking the A & P labs not lectures this summer. Or I could take one lab this summer and then the second lab in the fall asking with micro biology lecture and lab.
So the A&P labs are just as intense as the lectures?
- 0Jan 27, '13 by Ms.FrankQuote from CallowayzHi, I don't think its hard, but you definitely have to be good with memorizing like someone has stated before me. If you are good with that then you can be great in this class. My teacher up loaded videos on youtube for the bones his name is Dr.Fabian, it may be helpful for you. Don't stress if you can get through lecture you can get through the labs Good Luck.Hello all, im having to take a & p 1&2 labs this summer which is only two months long. Can anyone give me an idea of what I'm headed for so I can brush up before summer semester starts.