Has anyone else taken College Chemistry wothout HS chem? - Page 5Register Today!
- Aug 12, '12 by LaceElaineI'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one in this predicament. My counselor in high school basically hinted to me that It would be a miracle if I could ever become a nurse. All because I didn't have any chemistry under my belt. I guess I'll just have to prove her wrong. Good luck everyone!
- Aug 12, '12 by OnMyWay23I never took Chemistry is high school and I got an A. Mind you, I am older, and graduated in 1993. You need to stay on top of studying and make sure you understand the material. Do not be afraid to ask questions!
- Aug 13, '12 by LaceElaineQuote from OnMyWay23Thanks for the advice. I will ask questions if I can. Several people have told me this professor is terrible. If you ask a question that he thinks is obvious, he'll literally laugh at you in front of the class. This is partly why I'm so nervous. How is a student supposed to learn if the teacher won't teach?I never took Chemistry is high school and I got an A. Mind you, I am older, and graduated in 1993. You need to stay on top of studying and make sure you understand the material. Do not be afraid to ask questions!
- Aug 13, '12 by ksecatero21FYI I never ask questions because I'm nervous but ill answer the questions the professor has. But I still manage to pull A's in the class ... I just routinely study study study you're not alone ..
- Aug 16, '12 by LaceElaineGood. so it's not just me who's nervous. Thank you
- Aug 16, '12 by 2bthelpngirlChemistry is not my best subject and I did take in high school and pass with an d.. I know bad.. so I'm taking now I hope I do well in it. My question is was y'all good in chemistry or is it easy if you read the book and keep up?
- Aug 16, '12 by FloridayzYes, and got an A. You can do it
- Aug 17, '12 by OraeloIn high school 20 years ago, I took biology 5 times (twice in summer) before I passed it. And after 5 years I finally got my diploma.
Fast forward 20 years mix in a VERY large life change. And I just finished all my pre req's with a 3.9 and start nursing 1 in two weeks.
So to answer your question, hell yes you can pass it. Just put your mind to it. Anything is possible with determination.
- Aug 21, '12 by LaceElaineIve officially started Fund. of Chem! Im so proud of myself! In the lab we were put into groups of 4 and I was surprised to find out that not one of my group members had ever taken a chemistry class!! I was the only one in my group who fully understood the material, so I had to teach them.I feel amazing. It's very basic right now and I know it's going to get much harder, but I have confidence that I can pass this class with a good grade. I'm so excited! Everyone has been such great support!
- Aug 21, '12 by sunbaby0811That's awesome! I had psyched myself out over chemistry too and ended up acing it! Sounds like you are off to a great start!!