General Biology before chemistry?Register Today!
This is a discussion on General Biology before chemistry? in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Hey everyone! Classes start this week and im taking General Bio. The course says it recommends...by sdongo Jan 14Hey everyone! Classes start this week and im taking General Bio. The course says it recommends Chemistry before this class...I have not taken chemisty yet because I have one more math class that is a pre req to that. I have taken a&p 1 and got an A in that class. Wondering what your thoughts are on me going for it or waiting to start bio till my chemistry is complete? Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=808340©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 514 Views
- Jan 14 by CDEWannaBeI did take chem before biology for healthcare majors, but think you would be fine without it. Biology was bar far the easiest pre req class I took.
- Jan 14 by 7237dallasFor our program Biology wasn't required before Chemistry, it was just required along with it. And since I keep hearing about how hard Chemistry is I'm taking that this semester to get it out of the way, and will try and do Biology over the summer.
- Jan 14 by sunbaby0811I took bio before Chemistry and was fine. There was some review in the first chapter or two but honestly if you took Hs Chem you should be fine. It wasn't hard stuff!!
- Jan 14 by Chelsea13My Gen Bio class was the easiest class I've taken thus far (despite my horrible professor). I didn't take chem and got an A, people in my class had had chem and the class average was a C so I guess it depends on your bio background more than your chem background.
- Jan 14 by KatsmeowMy bio class went over a chapter of Chem in the beginning and it was pretty straightforward.
- Jan 14 by zoe92I took (in this order of semesters): biology, microbiology, chemistry, a&p 1, and will now be in the a & p 2. I didn't find chemistry was needed for intro bio so you should be good!
- Jan 15 by rolltiderollI wish I would have taken Chemistry before biology, I feel like I would have better understood it. And I DEFINITELY wish I would have taken Chemistry before A&P.
- Jan 15 by emily12345I took gen bio and gen chem 1 at the same time. It was A LOT! I ended up getting a C in chem because I felt so overwhelmed. I got a B in bio and was one of the few that did in that class because the professor was horrible. During a couple lectures I could see how they relate a bit. Personally for me it wouldn't matter taking chem or bio first. I remember learning a tiny bit of chem in bio but then again my professor taught us the most about plants :/
- Jan 15 by tara1245Quote from zoe92What class did you find most difficult? Easiest? I've only taken A&P l and just starting with A&P ll now.I took (in this order of semesters): biology, microbiology, chemistry, a&p 1, and will now be in the a & p 2. I didn't find chemistry was needed for intro bio so you should be good!