Fall 2012 A&P2 students where are you??!! - page 6
by Nurse2b7337 | 9,160 Views | 136 Comments
Hello everyone, who has started A&P 2? I know we can all use support from each other. I for one have started class and my first day was yesterday. The syllabus doesn't look to bad. I just hope I will enjoy this more than A&P1.... Read More
- 0Sep 20, '12 by EduardoLugoI got a B for A&P 1 'cause I let my skin problems control me after exams 2. I got 90's for the first 2 exams then I gave up because of acne problems. I am now taking A&P 2 and my skin isn't bad.. it is early to tell how I am doing as we started like 2 weeks ago. My teacher said the first 2 exams are the hardest, but after that, we should be OK. What I do is watch videos on Youtube. I just search for "Endocrine system lecture" and lots of video pop up and most are 55-118 minutes long. I suggest you do that before lecture. It does help me. I have a test on Tuesday. I will let you guys know what I got once she post my grades in blackboard.
PS: If you get B and up.. you should be fine. Universities here require at least a B and up.Last edit by EduardoLugo on Sep 20, '12
- 0Sep 20, '12 by Fearless_leader, CNAHi all, just checking back in. So far my quizzes have not been great at all. I think I have 2 f's and 1D or maybe a C. Ugh... It's so hard for me to study this subject. I'm a stay at home mom now, however my son 2 is all over the place in the daytime and at night I'm so pooped to study at times. I have 2 other subjects as well and I have to balance them all out. My husband isn't really a big help at all. I put my little one down for a nap around 12. If not around, 2 and that is when I'm sleepy the most. I drink redbulls to keep me going but sometimes I still crash. At night I put my son to sleep at 9pm then my hubby sometimes comes in and takes him out of the bed so he can play with him (for 5 mins) then he lets him around. He makes me want to strangle him for doing that. Ugh... I pray tonight that i can do much better. I have to this is my second time taken this course. The first time my teacher was a totally "____" ! Feel free to fill it in. This time my teacher is ok heavy cuban accent and his tests are challenging for me. Got to run now test is in 2 hrs.
- 1Sep 21, '12 by Nurse2b7337Fearless good luck to you!! Small suggestion, as a mom to four. Is there anyway you can put yr two year old to sleep earlier than 9?? Mine where sleep at 8 pm at that age. Depending what time he wakes up in the morning maybe you could get up an hour or two earlier than him. His nap time isn't an option lent him know this even if he doesn't sleep he has to lie down and while he's lying down use this as yr study time. One more thing, make sure you're taking a multivitamin to keep your strength up. You can do this! This is yr second time around so you have to pass!! I know my college looks at repeats with a subject. Keep us posted!!
- 0Sep 21, '12 by EduardoLugoQuote from Nurse2b7337I agreed, but make sure the multi-vitamin is a high quality one. I eat lots of veggies and fruits which helps me a lot to remember things. I study 1-2 hours a day, but I will need to increase that after exams 1. My teacher is letting us use one flash card both side for exams 1- just for the endocrine system. She said she will give us 5 points if we don't use flashcard, but I really need the flashcard. ha ha. So yeah, that's why I am not studying for 3+ hours.Fearless good luck to you!! Small suggestion, as a mom to four. Is there anyway you can put yr two year old to sleep earlier than 9?? Mine where sleep at 8 pm at that age. Depending what time he wakes up in the morning maybe you could get up an hour or two earlier than him. His nap time isn't an option lent him know this even if he doesn't sleep he has to lie down and while he's lying down use this as yr study time. One more thing, make sure you're taking a multivitamin to keep your strength up. You can do this! This is yr second time around so you have to pass!! I know my college looks at repeats with a subject. Keep us posted!!
- 1Sep 21, '12 by Fearless_leader, CNAHi all, I just wanted to say I passed the quiz with an "A". Now on to the Lymphatic system. Thanks for the input. I will try to get little man down by 8pm good suggestion. The vitamin thing is a GREAT idea too. I've been meaning to buy some new ones. Thanks for advice guys. I really appreciate it.
- 0Sep 23, '12 by SopranoKrisWoo hoo....got a 96 on my first Physiology exam! YAY!!! Going to the optional exam review the day before really paid off. At first, I wasn't going to go, but then I figured, why not? SO GLAD I decided to go. It was well worth it. I only missed one question on the test. I'll be interested to find out which question on Monday. Whew...I feel better now! I always dread the first exam in the semester.
Our next unit is very complex (membrane potentials, neurons, reflexes, etc.) but she's really making the material easier to understand. The book is a snore-fest to read!!!
Hope everyone has a great week
- 0Sep 24, '12 by pre-nurseshanJust saw this thread - I'm retaking A&P II (along with A&P I) because my SON requires science credits within the past 7 years, and mine are 12 yrs old. I got A's the first time , though, so hopefully I'll be able to repeat that. Also taking a speech class and a history class. I have my first A&P I exam tomorrow and my first A&P II exam Thursday. We already had an A&P II pop bonus quiz, 5 questions, and I'm pretty sure I got them all right.