Fall 2012 A&P2 students where are you??!! - page 5
by Nurse2b7337 8,899 Views | 136 Comments
Hello everyone, who has started A&P 2? I know we can all use support from each other. I for one have started class and my first day was yesterday. The syllabus doesn't look to bad. I just hope I will enjoy this more than A&P1.... Read More
- 0Sep 6, '12 by Nurse2b7337Well, I had my first quiz today and rocked it!! My prof did a mock exam there were microscopes out and lab mannequins. It was on WBC's, Endocrine System and Blood. There was even a couple of extra credit points!! Who has taken their first quiz or tests?? Oh, this was for my lab class in lecture I have taken four quizzes and the first test starts tomorrow!! Yikes!!
- 1Sep 7, '12 by SopranoKrisQuote from Nurse2b7337Awesome job, Nurse2b7337!Well, I had my first quiz today and rocked it!! My prof did a mock exam there were microscopes out and lab mannequins. It was on WBC's, Endocrine System and Blood. There was even a couple of extra credit points!! Who has taken their first quiz or tests?? Oh, this was for my lab class in lecture I have taken four quizzes and the first test starts tomorrow!! Yikes!!
We had our first quiz on Wed. and got them back today. I aced it, plus I got the bonus question...woo hoo!!!! I'm very happy with that. Our first test is next week.
- 0Sep 15, '12 by Nurse2b7337We have our midterm in a couple of weeks!! We only have a midterm and a final oh, and four quizzes worth 4pnts a piece. We also have to do a lab report on one of the experiments we're doing in class. I have done the final draft on mine to get it out of the way. Final draft worth 10 Pts and Final paper worth 20 so in all 30 Pts!! I understand all the details of the heart so far with blood flow. Does anyone know the best way to memorize these ARTERIES and VEINS!!! Please help!!!
- 0pamelacnj I would say brush up a little on your A&P1 from an online resource from this website. I am really enjoying A&P2 it deals more with the body systems and the physiology part of it! I can relate more to this part. How are classes coming along for you? Keep us posted!! You can do this!
- 1Sep 18, '12 by SopranoKrisQuote from Nurse2b7337Yes! Draw a diagram, starting with the heart and trace the arteries all the way through the body. You don't have to be a good artist...a stick figure will do. Then work your way back to the heart with the veins. I found using a red colored pencil for the arteries and a blue colored pencil for the veins was really helpful. My stick figure "blood vessel man" looked pretty hilarious, but it REALLY helped me remember them!@SopranoKris I'm sure you'll knock the test out of the park too!! Any tips on memorizing the veins/arteries. I have to tackle this before the midterm!!
Good luck on your test!!!
- 0Sep 19, '12 by SopranoKrisHad our first Physiology exam today. I'm SO glad I went to the optional exam review session yesterday. 2 hours well spent It was very helpful!!! In fact, the exam was almost word-for-word what was given to us in the practice test yesterday. I feel very good about this one. There were 3 essay questions, like describe a negative feedback loop as it pertains to homeostasis. Define the half-life of a hormone and the impact on a lipophobic vs. a lipophilic hormone in the blood stream. Lots of questions on passive/active transport.
There were 5 bonus questions on the exam and I think I got them all. Can't wait to find out what my grade is!