Fall 2012 Microbiology Students -- STAND UP!Register Today!
- by Blue Felt Fedora Aug 20, '12Since we had these threads when I was in A&P I and II, and I thought I'd start one for Microbiology. Anybody else delving into the world of bacteria and viruses this fall? Let's start a support thread! Let's share our victories and failures, exchange study tips, and cheer each other on.
My first lecture and lab classes are tomorrow. I'm looking forward to this class. :spin:
- Aug 20, '12 by britthohenbrinkI start Micro on the 27th.... I dont know what to think about this class yet because I have heard so many mixed opinions about it. I guess I will soon form an opinionof my own.
- Aug 21, '12 by daniellep12I started today too as well! I think it will be time consuming but I am actually looking forward to the class! What text book is everyone using?
- Aug 21, '12 by ShinyRedGlossI already had micro but just wanted to wish you luck. Like a lot of bio classes micro is a bunch of memorization. I know it sounds silly but to remember certain pathways I made stories. I know it's morbid but I remember how HIV infects cells because I made an association with rape. It worked and I was actually teaching it to other classmates. Look up study techniques now if you struggle with that. If you do the old notebook and pen method, take notes with different color pens/pencils whatever because it will help things pop.
- Aug 21, '12 by SopranoKrisI start Micro on the 23rd. Getting worried because both bookstores in town have been out of the lab manual since July. I tried to find it online, but it seems like the publisher is back-ordered. YIKES! Hopefully, they'll get some in soon!!!!
I took Micro 18 years ago and I loved this class. It's a lot of hard work, LOTS of studying, but I found lab to be so much fun!!! I really enjoyed it. I have to re-take this course since my previous credits are now "too old" for admission to the program. Can't wait to jump back in
- Aug 21, '12 by Alewis55I start my micro class today. To say I'm nervous is quite the understatement. I have to do really well in this class to maintain my current gpa so I can apply for Fall '13 admission, so I feel like there's a lot of pressure on. I too have seen many different opinions on the course. I just hope I fall into the category of people who really enjoys the course.
- Aug 21, '12 by acceptmealreadyMicro for me next week!
- Aug 21, '12 by KimynurseMy micro class stars the Tuesday after labor day
- Aug 21, '12 by acceptmealreadytry amazon! that's where i got mine :spin: