Fall 2012 Microbiology Students -- STAND UP! - Page 14Register Today!
- Sep 26, '12 by SopranoKrisQuote from EMT89Even though our prof has PowerPoint slides, I never print them and bring them to lecture. Instead, I take notes, you know...old school style! That way, when it's time to study for the exam, I look at the PowerPoint and find any information that he said to know (usually mark with an asterisk). Anything he stresses to know, I re-read that section of the book.You sound like me with the one lab coat. I barely passed on the first test, but our professor is all over the test. How did you study? We are going over the same stuff krebs to having to memorize all the bacteria.
For cellular respiration, there's a great breakdown of glycolysis, Krebs cycle and electron chain transfer in Anatomy & Physiology for Dummies. It makes it so much easier to understand! If you have a chance, check it out in the library
- Sep 26, '12 by EMT89How are you studying?
Quote from ksecatero21I got a 94% on my first exam. good luck to everyone else
- Sep 26, '12 by melc0305Got an 80 on first exam. 52% of the class failed. Yikes! Guess I'll be happy with that 80.
- Sep 26, '12 by msmartel beeCongrat to every one that did good on their first test. If you did poorly shake it off it's only the first one. Buckle up. Me on the other hand, I have no idea. I hated my first test. One question could have more than one answer. True and false can both be the answers it depend. I hated it,I hated it , I hated it.
- Sep 27, '12 by britthohenbrinkQuote from msmartel beeLet us know how it went.... I dont think I would like that type of exam either. Good luck!!!Congrat to every one that did good on their first test. If you did poorly shake it off it's only the first one. Buckle up. Me on the other hand, I have no idea. I hated my first test. One question could have more than one answer. True and false can both be the answers it depend. I hated it,I hated it , I hated it.
- Sep 27, '12 by msmartel beeI don't know how to feel right now. 65 on lecture so disappointed, but than walked away with 98 on lab.
- Sep 28, '12 by ksecatero21Quote from EMT89I read the chapters once thoroughly, highlighting the important concepts covered in lecture. I use two highlighters one for important concepts and the other for examples of that important concept or information that compliments it. then I briefly review and skim through the chapter again. I use flash cards .. not a whole lot but I use them. PowerPoint outlines really help me.How are you studying?
- Sep 28, '12 by FutureFLRN2014I know this might seem random but my professor would show youtube videos on a lot of the concepts we were studying in class and they were done by other colleges and set to music which helped me retain some more of the information. It's just another way to memorize things. Good Luck!
- Sep 28, '12 by SopranoKrisInteractive Biology, by Leslie Samuel | Making Biology Fun! is a WONDERFUL website with a great video on cellular respiration. It also has tons of A&P videos (for those of you who are taking that for a pre-req as well). I just watched the vid on cellular respiration and Dr. Samuel made it so clear & easy to understand glycolysis, oxidative decarboxylation, Krebs cycle & electron transport chain.
I highly recommend visiting his site or looking up his videos on YouTube! I would love to take a class from him!
Here's the direct link to the cellular respiration video: http://www.interactive-biology.com/3...r-respiration/Last edit by SopranoKris on Sep 28, '12 : Reason: added link to cellular respiration
- Sep 28, '12 by EverlineI got a 93 on my first lecture exam, but it went up to a 97 after he curved the grades. We've had several lab quizzes that I've done well on, except for the last one that we haven't gotten back yet...that was rather tricky. I can't say I love micro. Can't say I hate it either. I feel very differently about it than I did about A&P I and II. I stressed myself out and put so much pressure on myself in those classes. I'm taking a much more laid back attitude in micro. I don't know why. The teacher kind of brings that out in me. In other words, I don't feel particularly motivated or inspired. But I do love diatoms...