Fall 2012 Microbiology Students -- STAND UP! - Page 10Register Today!
- Sep 13, '12 by kjohnson1I'm really liking micro so far. We just had our first exam yesterday. I was so relieved when I realized I knew everything that was on it. Hopefully it continues this way. We have already lost about half of our class of 32 though
Hang in there guys!
- Sep 13, '12 by SopranoKrisAlso, you might not have washed the slide long enough in the stain before rinsing. Take your time, it will come...don't worry! It's more of an art than an exact science.
- Sep 13, '12 by britthohenbrinkGot my grade today and I am very depressed..... I made a 67%... I thought I did much better than that! I dont know what to do now.
- Sep 13, '12 by SopranoKrisQuote from britthohenbrinkBritt...don't despair! One test will not kill your grade. What you need to do now is analyze the questions you got wrong. For example, were most of the wrong answers on one particular aspect? (e.g. cell structure of a prokaryote? cell membrane structure? historical figures in Microbiology history?) Examine those and review the correct ones. Believe me, you'll remember them later because now you know what you did wrong.Got my grade today and I am very depressed..... I made a 67%... I thought I did much better than that! I dont know what to do now.
Also, look at the types of questions you got wrong. Were they multiple choice and you were undecided between 2 answers? Was it fill-in-the-blank and you blanked on the answer? Was it an essay question? Was it a labeling or matching question? It may be that you perform better with certain types of questions.
If your school offers supplemental instruction (aka "tutoring"), you might want to go to a session or two to review the test with them. That can also give you some insight on what to expect for the next test and they can help you review & prepare because they'll be familiar with your professor and how he/she runs the class.
Keep doing well in lab and any other assignments that contribute to your grade. If your prof offers extra credit...do it!!! I always prep for a test by trying to explain (in my own words) the concepts to someone who knows nothing about the subject to see if they understand me. If you can do that, then you know the material
Chin up and keep telling yourself you're going to do great on your next one
- Sep 13, '12 by britthohenbrinkThank you!!!! Deep down I know that one test is not going to kill me but I was wanting to start off on a positive note. My college does have S.I. but I do not think they have started yet because I have not received an email or seen posters talking about it.
- Sep 15, '12 by EMT89.....
- Sep 15, '12 by EMT89Quote from britthohenbrinkI made a D as well, but remember there is lab. This one test grade isn't the end of the world. We still have more opportunities to bring it up.Got my grade today and I am very depressed..... I made a 67%... I thought I did much better than that! I dont know what to do now.
- Sep 15, '12 by adoRNo2b2015This lab thing sounds very interesting! Starting micro and AP 2 next month. I'll be in school Tuesday and Thursday for AP 2 for lecture and lab and Monday and Wednesday for micro lecture and lab. Each 4 hours long. Cant wait! I do hope I'm not taking more than I can handle! It'll be 8 intense weeks!
- Sep 17, '12 by sweetfI took my first micro exam and I got an 82%. I dont know what to think, I thought I did better. I guess I will really have to study harder than I was. I'm really trying to pull an A.
- Sep 17, '12 by KimynurseMy first test is on October 4th on five chapters
We have 4 lecture tests and 2 lab tests.
It's a lot, but I'm going to try my hardest.
I wish I knew how she tests.