CPR certificationRegister Today!
- by Mandy0728 Jun 21Is there a "certain or particular" CPR course that u need for nursing school? I went inline to Red Cross to register & it asked for lay responders, professional responders, etc. my schools handbook just says "heart saver CPR certification". My class is tomorrow & I don't want to get certified then find out It wasn't the correct one.
- Absolutely! There is a CPR for regular people who want to be certified to save family and friends, and there is a healthcare workers certification. You definitely need the healthcare workers one. It's a longer class and more expensive. About six hours or more, a hundred bucks to one twenty five versus sixty five bucks or so.
- Ok, the one I'm taking is $110 and is 6 hours. I re read the handbook & it states "students must be certified in BLS by the American Heart Association".
- Jun 21 by Boxer MamaI am taking a BLS course on Tuesday designed for healthcare professionals, but it was reasonably priced (under $50).
- Quote from Boxer MamaThat's a good price. When I first took mine through the Red Cross a few years ago it was only 85, now it's up to 125. I think the main difference in the regular CPR vs the healthcare/first responders is that you are trained on the AED.I am taking a BLS course on Tuesday designed for healthcare professionals, but it was reasonably priced (under $50).
- Oh ok, yeah my class is called adult & pediatric First aid/CPR/AED so hopefully I'll be good.
- Quote from mz23They haven't done that here in VA..... yet! Not that any of the administration in my program has mentioned. It's so rural where I am that we have to travel an hour to get a to CPR class. AHA doesn't teach any out here.Im taling a cna class and the instructor said go through american heart cause if you when we go through rn program they won't accept red cross anymore.
- Jun 21 by Meeh619Red Cross is expensive!!! They charge $125 here & I did mine through a private Lil whole in the wall for $40 it's through the American heart association & it's for the health care provider which is the one we need.
Go somewhere besides the Red Cross!!!
EVERYONE JUST MAKE SURE IT SAYS ITS THROUGH THE AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION & IT'S FOR THE HEALTH CARE PROVIDER!!!!!
Most jobs ask for those 2 things!!!
- It's too late for me to cancel. I tried & it said they can only refund me $55 Instead of $110.