- by Jallis Dec 27, '12Hi I'm new here and was wondering if I take Anatomy 101 and 102 as 8 week classes would that be a bad idea. I recently failed Anatomy101 this semester and am trying to apply to get into The Nursing program fall of next year.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=804438©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 647 Views
- Dec 27, '12 by 2bNurseCurtis98Everyone on here has been telling me not to take A&P 1,2 in 8 weeks bcuz it's a lot of information and most importantly to take my science class's alone. If you have already failed one of the classes, don't waste your second attempt trying to rush through it. You want to try your hardest to get A's in those classes because these are your bread and butter. Take one in the Spring, then your last class in the summer. I think Fall deadline is June right??!! You can still apply
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Dec 27, '12 by x_factorQuote from JallisYou want to take both together, or seperately, as an 8 week class? Since you just failed Anatomy, I would not advise taking either one of them as an accelerated 8 week class, even seperately. Anatomy is a lot of memorization, and if you struggled with it during a regular semester, it's obviously not the best idea to re-take it during an accelerated 8 week session. Take your time, re-take it during a regular semester. The information gained during A&P 1 and 2 is extremely vital to nursing, so it's information that you need to get a good grasp and understanding on.Hi I'm new here and was wondering if I take Anatomy 101 and 102 as 8 week classes would that be a bad idea. I recently failed Anatomy101 this semester and am trying to apply to get into The Nursing program fall of next year.
- Dec 28, '12 by JallisYes I was wanting to take them separate as an 8 week class because the deadline for fall start is April 1st. But I am thinking about taking it as a full 16 week course because I'm not wanting to fail the second time. I'm currently a Student at Ivy Tech community college and this is my 3rd semester including summer.
- Dec 28, '12 by SaysfaaI don't think it is that black and white. It depends on why you failed the first time and what would be different this time.
- Dec 28, '12 by paws4apictureI took both Ana 1 and 2 in the 5 week session and I'm glad I did its a lot but also some things are cut out because of the shortness of the class! I passed both so you can do it
- Dec 28, '12 by StephalumpQuote from SaysfaaI agree! I actually find summer/short sessions easier. I can just live and breath a subject for 3-8 weeks rather than spread my attention around to multiple classes and keeping that momentum going for months.I don't think it is that black and white. It depends on why you failed the first time and what would be different this time.
- Dec 28, '12 by Compassion_xI wouldn't do 8 weeks. Even if you've taken a&p 1 before, it's still a lot of information. That and if you failed a&p 1 you might struggle with a&p 2, so it wouldn't be a good idea to take it in 8 weeks. It's a lot of information.
- Dec 30, '12 by JallisThanks everyone for your opinions, i really do appreciate them. I think I might need a little more time to think this over because spring semester starts January 14th. Thanks again
- Dec 30, '12 by man-nurse2bin two words and as someone who took these classes in 16weeks..."BAD IDEA"