Chem 1 vs Bio 1 - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 4, '12 by leenakI am nearing the last pre-reqs and I'm taking Chem now. I thought Bio was useful for Micro and A&P. Both Micro and Bio had a decent review of the Chem required. In both my A&P and Mico, they expected you to know Bio and know how to use a microscope from the first day, there was no Bio review.
- Jun 4, '12 by JustabitoffAre those the requirements for the Nursing program, or for UF general ed requirements? From what I've seen, most BSN programs require Chemistry in addition to Microbiology and A & P. You might want to check requirements for the BSN program and any additional classes later on. Also, talk to an adviser. That's what they are there for!
- Jun 5, '12 by purplcavChem I and sometimes II are required for a BSN. You should go for your BSN while you are at it. Most hospitals are leaning towards only hiring nurses with BSN's so it would be in your best interest.
- Jun 5, '12 by sunbaby0811Check the pre-requisites for anatomy. At my school you have to have bio and Chem to take anatomy 1&2. Micro requires a bio prerequisite.
- Jun 5, '12 by StephalumpQuote from leenakThe most I've seen required in my area is Intro to Chem for Non Majors. Chem 1 and 2 seems really unnecessary. But I guess the more you know!Not all BSN programs require chem. most in my area don't.
- Jun 5, '12 by leenakQuote from StephalumpI'm taking chem now after not getting into a different school because 1 school I want to apply to requires it. Honestly, I don't have an issue with the content but because I pay out of pocket for each class, it'd be nice not to have to pay the $500+books to take it. Oh well.The most I've seen required in my area is Intro to Chem for Non Majors. Chem 1 and 2 seems really unnecessary. But I guess the more you know!