The nursing school that I'm applying to suggests that I send a copy of my resume. Would you say that my resume looks impressive compared to other applicants? I am trying to improve it. Thank you!
Accomplished and goal-oriented college student who is passionate to further her education with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. EDUCATION AND HONORS
KENNESAW STATE UNIVERSITY, Kennesaw, Georgia Bachelor of Arts in English,
with additional interest in Nursing 2009-2013
· Recipient, Dean’s List for Consecutive Semesters
· Recipient, Georgia Zell Miller Scholarship Program, 2009 – Present
Academic Organizations and Activities: Young Americans for Liberty, Kennesaw State University Epée Fencing Club, Phi Eta Sigma, Kennesaw State Student Government, Completing a directed study on “Scientific Applications of Medieval Texts” under the supervision of Kennesaw State University’s Department of English
THE LANDRY ACADAMY, Boone, North Carolina
· Performed human dissections at Appalachian State University’s cadaver lab in Boone, North Carolina, June 2008 WORK EXPERIENCE
THE LANDRY ACADAMY, Boone, North Carolina Anatomy and Physiology Camp Teaching Assistant
· Instructed high school students at Alpharetta, Georgia camp on how to determine blood pressure, heart rate, and respiratory rate to aid in their understanding of the cardiovascular system, and performed experiments that allowed students comprehend glucose absorption, normal and abnormal glucose response curves, and the production and function of insulin.
· Aided students with dissections of various invertebrates and vertebrates.
· Organized and cleaned laboratory equipment and utensils, while overseeing lab safety. EXTRACURRICULAR AND VOLUNTEER AFFILIATIONS
KENNESAW STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT GOVERNMENT, Kennesaw, Georgia Senator of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences
June 2010 – April 2011
· Orchestrated fundraisers and events, with budgets up to $600, for 200 and more attendees; developed effective print ad campaigns that aggressively promoted events.
· Developed relationships within the athletic department and community to successfully promote the introduction of a football team to Kennesaw State University; gathered and presented statistics that were presented to university officials and fellow members of SGA.
· Demonstrated the ability to interact with students and faculty from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
· Served various office duties, such as editing and printing documents, answering phone calls and questions.
GOOD MEWS ANIMAL FOUNDATION, Marietta, Georgia Shelter Assistant
October 2009 – June 2010
· Handled animals and cleaned enclosures.
· Held responsible for various duties including medicating and monitoring quarantined animals.
· Participated in client education on pet adoption and other topics. PUBLICATIONS
Some girl's name with professor's name, Ph.D. (2011) Defining and Teaching the World in World Literature. National Council of Teachers of English Conference
on College Composition and Communication. April, 2011. Atlanta, USA. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Technically proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop.