Is Anyone Else Starting Mount Royal College's Degree Program in the Fall?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Is Anyone Else Starting Mount Royal College's Degree Program in the Fall? in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... :nurse: Just wondering if anyone else out there on allnurses.com is entering the degree program at...by Cdnurstudent Mar 20, '09Just wondering if anyone else out there on allnurses.com is entering the degree program at Mount Royal College in Calgary, Alberta this fall. I'd also love to hear from students already taking the program if there are any of you on here. Thanks so much!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=378843©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,126 Views
- May 18, '09 by kintaroWelcome to MRC Nursing! Hi, I am just finished my first year at MRC. So far, it has been a great experience for me. I really like the nursing program at MRC. Most of the instructors are very helpful and friendly. As being a fairly new program, there are some disorganized areas, but I am sure any other schools have some short comes, too.
What I like the most here is my peer students. We cry & laugh together. We help each other. I would not say it's an easy program, but I am sure you'll like it here.
- May 26, '09 by CdnurstudentYay Im so glad you're enjoying your time in the program! Do you have any tips for me to help with my first semester?
- May 26, '09 by kintaroThe first semester is probably the hardest because you don't know what to expect. The tips....Don't get overwhelmed by the amount of work you have. You don't need to read and remember every single details. Try to understand the concepts instead of memorizing them. Use the modules effectively, especially for N1112.
You are writing quite few research papers using APA format. Be a friend of APA manual.
Be prepare for the lab. Read the procedure and watch the videos before going to the lab class.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask instructors or classmates. They are wonderful resources.
Lastly and the most importantly, enjoy it!! Four years is too long if you make it a hell. Oh, one more thing...don't get discouraged by the marks, you only need to get 63% for nursing courses and 50% for other courses.
Enjoy your summer!!
- May 29, '09 by CdnurstudentThanks so much for your advice Kintaro! I really appreciate it. Just curious, do you need to maintain a certain GPA each semester to move on to the next?
- May 31, '09 by Sand_DollarI'm in the U.S. now, but Mount Royal caught my attention - I was born and grew up in Calgary. Anyway... may I suggest picking up APA PERRLA (perrla.com) program. It's an add-on to MS Word. It formats all your papers to APA format for you. You just select what type of reference it is, input the information and viola! perfectly formatted references. I used it for all of my papers and I always get a 'good job' when it comes to my reference page. It cost me about $25 and I use it all the time. Just a thought and a potential time saver for you. Good Luck!!
- Jun 1, '09 by CdnurstudentWow thanks Sand Dollar, that program looks great!
- Aug 18, '09 by CdnurstudentMRC Students? There has to be more out there... I think...