Is anyone else nervous about starting nursing school??? - Page 4Register Today!
- Jul 12, '12 by OnMyWay23Quote from BlakbuttrflyI understand how you feel completely! I am 37 and just spent the last 3 years completing pre-reqs. I have 3 children at home, 2 on the spectrum, and I am just praying that I am able to get the studying I need to done at home. My biggest fear is the same, having come this far, what if I fail? BUT, we need to stay positive and just remember to stay on top of things, don't procrastinate, and do our absolute best! We came this far, we can finish this!I think my biggest problem is that at 36yrs old with 5 yrs of going to school part-time to get into this program Im NOT going to succeed. I have friends that are nursing students, nurses, and nursing professors(maternity) so I hear all the good, the bad, and the ugly. Everyone always tells me that I always stress out and come out doing very well but I feel that the non-nursing career seekers dont have a clue! There is no craming, studying the nite before, failing a test or 2 and still blowing the class out the water and I believe at my school(CCBC Essex) and grades below a 77 is failing......but Imma keep the faith, be positive, and optimistic...I think lol!
- Jul 12, '12 by whattodo4aye, for the first time I find myself counting down the days till september... how weird
- Jul 12, '12 by >JustBreathe<I am ridiculously excited!! I think nerves will come more as the date gets closer. But I have worked so hard to get here (as I'm sure we all have, that's why we're here!) I just cannot contain myself. I want to read student blogs and watch student vlogs and look at supplies and try on my uniforms all day long!. I feel like I'm going into nesting mode trying to deep clean my house before August 20. Nesting...like a pregnant woman. As if Nursing school is my new baby...time to freeze some dinners for the family.
- Jul 12, '12 by KAC123Super excited yet very scared at the same time!!!
It will be a challenging journey but it will all pay off in the end : )
Best of luck to you!
- Jul 14, '12 by Crazed_NSSo incredibly nervous & excited!! Our orientation is July 20th and school starts August 20th. Hopefully after orientation I will feel a little better!
- Jul 15, '12 by manatee17AH! Excited and nervous.