Anyone applying to Baptist school in San antonio?
- 1Mar 22, '08 by myroseHi There! I was wondering who is applying to the Baptist school of nursing in San Antonio for this fall. Do you know how many people are accepted each semester and what they want in net scores? I was hoping to get to know some of my fellow classmates (should I get accepted).
- 1May 7, '08 by MissDoodawHello,
I graduated from this program in December 2007. Each class had about 50 students - you complete each theory class together and are divided into smaller groups for clinicals. I'm not sure if it's still the same. It is an intensive committment of time and energy, but has the best reputation in San Antonio for turning out prepared RN graduates. I would encourage you to apply! One of the big benefits is the connection to the Baptist hospitals - they set up a paid nurse extern program where Baptist students are given preference! I really enjoyed the school. E-mail me f you have any questions I can answer.
- 0May 8, '08 by myroseI wonder when we will hear about being accepted or not. Did the counciler say? My net score is an 85 but I am not sure about my G.P.A. My G.P.A is a 3.6 overall but I heard they only take the G.P.A of the pre-req courses. I think my chances are good. I also applied to SAC. :wink2:
- 0May 13, '08 by myroseI heard today that SAC sent out e-mails of acceptance yesterday. I did not get one . So now all my hopes are on Baptist. I do not understand why it is so hard to get accepted. The need for nurses is so great, LET ME IN!!! Sorry, I was throwing a tantrum. If anyone hears from Baptist before me, let me know!
- 0May 16, '08 by MusBMeWhat are the requirements to enter, Pre-Req and etc.? A 3.5 GPA is very hard to keep with science courses. You would think with the shortage of nurses that schools will make it much easier to get into. What is the NET? What to expect on it? How do you prepare for it? Do you have to submit or take the ACT or SAT? I'm a LPN and looking to relocate next year to San Antonio. I'm looking for a LPN to RN Program to enter in, but with all the demands, I may have to change my major. I heard about the Excelsior Program but so many states are starting to banned this program. Although, its easy to get into I'm hearing its a big rip off?Last edit by MusBMe on May 16, '08 : Reason: wording
- 0May 16, '08 by MusBMeQuote from miaroseI'm sorry to hear that. I know how it feels to work so hard for something and to be turned down later.I heard today that SAC sent out e-mails of acceptance yesterday. I did not get one . So now all my hopes are on Baptist. I do not understand why it is so hard to get accepted. The need for nurses is so great, LET ME IN!!! Sorry, I was throwing a tantrum. If anyone hears from Baptist before me, let me know!