Any advice on statistics - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 19, '12 by SlaveHeartI struggle with math, it is my weakest subject. I manged to ace stats by doing lots of practice problems then checking my work and seeing where I went wrong. I would also recommed if you do not all ready know how to use your TI83 well to spend a few days getting to know your calculator! I hate to admit it but I still do not understand statistics nor can I use critical thinking when it comes to stats. This is one of the few classes where I had to just plain memorize things by writing it over and over and doing practice problems.
- Aug 19, '12 by Julesmama28Math is not easy for me either. I studied my butt off, and still struggled! I discovered that I was over thinking most of it. I found that the practice test problems directly correlated with the actual test problems! Common sense- but it gave me a 100% on the final so I could pull a B! Just practice all you can, and if your teacher gives you practice problems or a study guide- use it! Good luck!
- Aug 19, '12 by ImKosherKahn's Academy on youtube. It will help a lot. Good Luck!
- Aug 19, '12 by SimplytashaI got so much feedback thank you so much. This is extremely helpful.
- Aug 19, '12 by SilverLoveI just finished stats last Thursday. I was able to do all my problems using a $10 statistics calculator. It wasn't required to spend money on a TI calculator, so I didn't. All I did was all homework and then reworked all the problems we did in class. I also never missed classed. I got an A.
- Aug 20, '12 by tigerlogicDon't do it online! Possible but harder than necessary :/If the prof suggests websites-- look at them. Otherwise, google will lead you to excellent resources if you need to hear something in another way. Study groups can be good to. Stats isn't like other math-- don't forget to study vocabulary.