Anatomy and Physiology Requirement and Planning HelpRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Anatomy and Physiology Requirement and Planning Help in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Does anatomy and physiology have to be taken at the same school? I am trying to transfer from Cal...by iheart Nov 29, '11Does anatomy and physiology have to be taken at the same school? I am trying to transfer from Cal Poly SLO, which does not have a nursing program to San Jose State as a pre-nursing major. Does anyone have any recommended order of classes I should take for the next 2 quarters I have at Cal Poly as I wait to transfer to a school with nursing.
General Chemistry 2
General Chemistry 3
Philosophy GE (critical thinking)
Anatomy at a city college
Then, I will have physiology, and microbiology for the next year. Is there a way I could knock those out as soon as possible or am I rushing it if I try to take them all at once.
I have ap credit in english and psychology. Do you recommend retaking psychology or is it fine because I have a score of 3 in english and 4 in psychology?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=647275©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 496 Views
- Nov 29, '11 by tyvinOf course you can transfer. No, it doesn't...you need to see what the two schools are in agreement with as far as credits.
I would change Nutrition to spring and change it up and take Philosophy or Anthro in the winter if you can. Philosophy is a course that you should take when you have heavy other ones. Nutrition is a very intense course (leastwise when I took it) that with psych and chem would seem heavy unless you had to do it that way. Anthro was also an easy one for me as well but I really enjoyed it and had a great professor.
What about English Comp...?
- Nov 29, '11 by iheartIs it worth it to retake my english composition class if I only have a 3 on my ap test. Do I need it for nursing? Ive already taken my argumentation english class and a public speaking class.
- Nov 29, '11 by Skybang6Unless your 50 take your time. And be sure they transfer every school has their own rules... remember it's still a business.
- Nov 29, '11 by tyvinCheck with the nursing program yourself and have all the info related to what you've done so far with the English comp. In my BSN program it was higher but that was a long time ago and so many things have changed. To make sure you have all the credits required check with the school. You could probably go online and check out what's required for the program as well.
- Nov 29, '11 by leenakYou might want to ask your potential future program about taking AP1 and AP2 at different schools. I had a friend that was applying to a nursing program but they told her that because schools address AP1&2 differently and you may miss something by taking it at different schools that they required AP1&2 be taken at the same school. How about taking Microbiology in the summer?