30+ club! Lets do this together.
- 12May 14, '13 by alynnI'm almost 32 and just about finished my first quarter back. I will have 9 more pre reqs to take before I can apply for the program. I would love to chat with others and cheer each other on along the way. OH, and does anyone else think English 101 is kinda hard?! And why the hell does it have to be one of the 4 classes that count at my school? I'm going crazy!
- 1May 14, '13 by TrenataI am 36 and just started this semester (had a previous degree) completing a total of 3 classes and just finished A&P I. I have to complete 4 more classes including A&P II, Micro, Dev Psych, and chemistry including the TEAsV before applying to a pre-nursing program at my university of choice, where I complete 5-6 more classes. I am applying for the nursing program in the Spring of 2014. So far, the hardest class has been A&P...lots and lots of info!
- 1May 14, '13 by LifeIsGood76I like this idea! I'm 36 and am finishing up my prerequisites as well. I still need Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, and Developmental Psych. I am hoping to take Chemistry and Anatomy this Summer and the rest in the Fall so that I can apply Spring of 2014 as well. I am married with four kids (ages 14, 9, 7, 4). I currently work as a teaching assistant, but have decided to focus on school full time since my youngest daughter will be starting school this year. Where are you guys located? I live in California.
- 2May 14, '13 by ShyeoftheTigerQuote from alynnMy mom was 38 when she started taking her prereqs; I just finished mine at 30 and got accepted to a nursing program for the fall!I'm almost 32 and just about finished my first quarter back. I will have 9 more pre reqs to take before I can apply for the program. I would love to chat with others and cheer each other on along the way. OH, and does anyone else think English 101 is kinda hard?! And why the hell does it have to be one of the 4 classes that count at my school? I'm going crazy!
As for English, it is definitely not for everyone! And it's such a subjective subject that there is a huge difference between good professors and bad ones... I wrote one paper for two classes (Not recommended!) I got an A in one and a C in the other! In my experience, sucking up goes a long way
- 5May 14, '13 by BookNerdSNI love this idea/thread! I'm 32, and just finished 3 years of pre-req's and was accepted to nursing school for next spring! Yay!
I love the idea of being supported by other people our age!
I am so glad my English requirements are finished from long ago, I couldn't do it again!
Look forward to chatting again soon!
- 2May 14, '13 by QueenAnnissa36 with 4 kiddos. (13, 8, 4, & 11months!) I started in January of 2012 and have one more pre-req to complete (microbiology in 8 week summer session) before starting the nursing program in the fall. I have been doing well, some classes are harder than others, I'm always busy and fighting to keep it all balanced. This is my first college experience, and I have also begin to get involved on campus with some of the clubs and helping other students.