2012-2013 HRSA Nursing Scholarship Application - page 6
by WARNstudent | 173,885 Views | 739 Comments
The application process hasn't even started yet but I didn't even find out about last year's scholarship until a couple days before the deadline. I did get my application in on time but was not fortunate enough to be a recipient.... Read More
- 0Apr 4, '12 by Wild Irish LPNI am very excited about this scholarship....GPA 3.9, EFC 0, excellent letters of recommendations and clinical performances and volunteer hours of 20+ of tutoring....going from LPN program into ADN-RN program this September....I do not at all intend to be "sexist" with this next question at all, so here it goes....does being a male nurse give you any advantage in the selection process?....men are definately under-represented in the nursing profession so it would make sense that we may get a closer look...just wondering what your thoughts may be....Thanks!
- 0Apr 4, '12 by kevsgirl1Also, your program is not a bridge or dual program is it? If so you would be ineligible.
From the Website under eligibility:
Please note: Students enrolled in Licensed Practice Nurse programs, self-paced study programs (on-line), and bridge / dual degree programs that are not RN-to-BSN programs are not eligible for a scholarship award.
- 0Apr 5, '12 by Wild Irish LPNIt is a bridge from LPN Program to ADN-RN program....I will have completed all LPN courses and have a PN License by the time the program starts....I will have to look at this further and make a phone call to clarify....I hope that this is not the case....I am not sure why that would not qualify, going from one degree to another....
- 0Apr 5, '12 by Wild Irish LPNThis may be good news for me...after reviewing the "Verification of Enrollment" form, there is no option for administration to mark that this is a Bridge Program....the only option the can check off is for the Associates Degree....which is exactly what I am pursuing.....I hope I am right on this one, we will see.....
- 0Apr 5, '12 by sali22Quote from nurseboy2012This may be good news for me...after reviewing the "Verification of Enrollment" form, there is no option for administration to mark that this is a Bridge Program....the only option the can check off is for the Associates Degree....which is exactly what I am pursuing.....I hope I am right on this one, we will see.....
I would call and clarify this. Trying to "trick" them is surely not the way to go. It looks like your program is not eligible and that is why there is no correct box for your school to check.