2012-2013 HRSA Nursing Scholarship Application - Page 47Register Today!
- Aug 10, '12 by ccummings8Hey scnep5711,
I am on the opposite side of the state from you, I'm in Detroit. I am in the BSN program at Davenport University.It's the largest private university in the state. The main campus is in Grand Rapids, but I will be attending at a smaller campus closer to Detroit. I love the northern part of the state it is beautiful. My grandmother was from the U.P. and my sister will be attending Michigan Tech in a couple weeks, which is even farther north than you. It is great that you were able to find a program that fits in your schedule like that. I understand how hard it can be to go to school when you have a family. I have one daughter and a husband that is now legally blind, due to glaucoma. Congratulations again!
- Aug 10, '12 by random.meHi, I am sure that someone already asked this before, but I was just wondering how does the HRSA notify you if you have received the scholarship? Do they mail you an award letter, do they email you or do they do both?
Thanks in advance for any answers!
- Aug 10, '12 by jtboog2003Quote from random.meThose of us selected thus far have received emails.Hi, I am sure that someone already asked this before, but I was just wondering how does the HRSA notify you if you have received the scholarship? Do they mail you an award letter, do they email you or do they do both?Thanks in advance for any answers!
- Aug 10, '12 by kaybohHi everyone. I just found this thread and have enjoyed reading your posts. I am a second year DNP student and I have not gotten an e-mail... yet. Hope springs eternal. I am on the Green team.... Nebraska at Creighton University. Good luck to allLast edit by kayboh on Aug 10, '12
- Aug 13, '12 by TM0311Has anyone from GA heard anything? Im really confused I couldnt log in to my acct to check my status so I called and was told something totally different than I was before. The rep said that all the initial awards were already given and that now any additional awards are contingent upon applicants declining the award offer. That was discouraging... if anyone from GA was awarded I would love to know
- Aug 13, '12 by jtboog2003Quote from TM0311I hate to say it, but that would sound about right. Credit checks were done about a month ago, so if you didn't even get a credit check by now, I don't think you will get it. (not trying to be mean or like a know it all, but the rep I spoke to said they don't do credit checks for a month straight) There have been times when like the rep you spoke to said where people decline, and a person will get both a credit check and an award offer around the end of the month in quick succession. But this is a very small number of people.Has anyone from GA heard anything? Im really confused I couldnt log in to my acct to check my status so I called and was told something totally different than I was before. The rep said that all the initial awards were already given and that now any additional awards are contingent upon applicants declining the award offer. That was discouraging... if anyone from GA was awarded I would love to know
Unfortunately with this, there may be about 50 people (give or take) who are on this discussion board, and thousands have applied for this. This discussion doesn't represent even 1/4 of those who applied for it. I know people keep asking whether anyone from their state has heard anything on the hope that maybe they haven't gotten to their state yet, but again credit checks were done a month ago. When they were done, we were from places all over the country, so it seems they were done around the same time for everyone who got to that checkpoint in the application process. Plus we were all from the different "teams" for the states. If you got a credit check hope for the best.
Either way if you don't hear anything by the end of August about you being awarded, you will definitely know the answer.
And I do know someone from GA who got an award offer, sorry.
- Aug 13, '12 by jnelson188Hello everyone! Do I instigated to speak to someone in the actual financial aid department and a gentleman informed me that they are not yet done giving out the initial awards! He said that they gave more out last Friday in addition I the Friday before and they will continue to award up until the deadline. He said " we request a lot of information and background on all the finalist and if they tried to process and inform everyone at the same time it would be a big mess"! So they are awarding people in groups to ease the hassle. He said credit checks can be done at anytime depending on when they are processing the application package! Sounds like good news he said to keep checking and that awards usually go out toward the weekend either Thursday or fri! So good luck to all who are still waiting!
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Aug 13, '12 by libra1976I live in Indiana and I just spoke with a rep from HRSA and he assured me that all of the awards have not been given out yet. Many applicants who have not yet received the award are still "Under Review". Most likely if appliants have not received an email by August 31st then they probably won't receive it, however the final deadline is September 30th.
- Aug 13, '12 by jnelson188Sounds good! They told me the same thing! If you don't hear by aug 31st then you probably won't receive it but we're still in the running until the deadline!
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com