2012-2013 HRSA Nursing Scholarship Application - Page 44Register Today!
- Aug 7, '12 by FinallyMineroxMH
Personal student loans most often go through the University for dispersment and the few that may be given directly to the student will report them to the University. The university will in turn need to report this to HRSA with the same result. The University has to 'certify' them in order to make them educational loans.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to get a personal loan with no employment or income to be able to make payments as personal loans are not eligible for academic deferment. I don't have any credit cards, nor would that help the situation as I would not be able to make any type of monthly payment.
I'm not sure how long it takes to hear back once we submit our W-4 and enrollment verification. I haven't submitted mine as I'm too much of a scaredy cat right now! I know when I spoke to my student accounts rep she was happy to know that I was offered the scholarship so she could keep an eye out for the HRSA paperwork as it comes in.
- Aug 7, '12 by roxMHFinallymine,Ugh shows how much I know! Maybe someone on this forum who is more financially loophole savvy than I am will have a better idea/advice. I see why you'd be nervous about accepting but wow 3 years of it would be awesome! I hope that something works out.
- Aug 7, '12 by edrury0927Nothing yet from MO here...
- Aug 7, '12 by pearlgirl52508I already accepted my student loan that was offered to me through fafsa. I already accepted the whole amount for the whole school year. Do you think I should cancel it then??
Now you got me even more worried!
Also, will HRSA send paperwork to the school or will they be sending paperwork to me?
- Aug 7, '12 by FinallyMinePearlgirl,
I didn't mean to make you more worried!
I see that you started school Aug. 1. I'm not sure if this is considered summer session or fall session and when your next session (semester) will begin.
So, whatever loans you receive before the HRSA starts handing over money is fine. They understand that we didn't know if we were getting the scholarship or not and aren't going to hold that against us. If your next semester begins after November then I would decline that part of your loan. This should be easy to do through your billing office.
You do not need to cancel the whole loan. You will have an opportunity each semester to decline the loan, just be on top of it!
For example, I accepted the loans offered me for the entire school year. I have already used some for the summer session where I have been going full time (May-August). I will also use my fall loans as my semester begins in September and HRSA will not pay out until November. HRSA will reimburse me directly for some of the summer courses and for my fall courses but that won't come through till the spring.
HRSA should send all the financial paperwork and requests directly to the school. They will only send things to you that they need you to take care of yourself. The scholarship coordinator for my University has a separate file for the handful of HRSA scholarships she's handled over the years. The University should have a direct contact at HRSA for them to work with if they have any questions. That is their job...insist that they do it. If they don't, go see the Dean again!
I hope this makes sense!
I considered sending this in an IM but it may be useful information for others in the forum. If it isn't....sorry for taking up space on the thread!
- Aug 7, '12 by pearlgirl52508oh okay! thanks so much for this info! Since my school is on "island time" ALLLLLLL the time, I definitely have to make sure that I am on top of making sure they send whatever they need to send. I might have to become BFF's with the Dean's office if thats what I need to do to make sure I get everything situated. We go by trimester system, and 2nd trimester starts in November so I will have to make sure to cancel my loans then. boo! As I mentioned already, we already started school and this week and last week has been nothing but MORE CRAZINESS at the registration and financial aid office. We have to go to the actual office to register for classes and have to do everything by walk-in to get things done at financial aid. My first university at UC Santa Barbara in California was all done through internet so they are still behind on everything and makes asking simple questions 10x harder here in PR. Hopefully by Friday the office's won't be so hectic because I think today was the last day to add/drop classes as well as pay for classes.
Also, since I already submitted my paperwork to the HRSA, I will be awaiting to hear back from them for the final notification that I got the award. Once I get that confirmation, I will be calling them when they sent/will be sending the paperwork to the school so I can be waiting at my university's mailbox and hand deliver to the financial aid office, hah! Joking aside, I will be calling HRSA though to find out an approximate day the university should be receiving so that I can make an appointment with financial aid. its so unfortunate that I have to hold their hand the whole way...
- Aug 8, '12 by epauleyI am also in MO and havnt heard anything or had my credit pulled! I am so discouraged and have given my hopes up
- Aug 9, '12 by epauleyIf anyone sees this that has received notification can you post where you are from and what team you were on? Silver, Green, or Red?
DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, KS, MA, ME, MN, MS, NM, OK, PA, TX, UT, VT,WA
AK, AL, AR, CT, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, NE, NJ, NY, NV, SC, TN, VA, WI,WV, WY
AZ, CA, CO, MD, MO, MT, NC, NH, OH, OR, PR, SD
- Aug 9, '12 by allie86Congrts to all that recieved the scholarship! I am praying I can recieve it too but if not it wasnt part of Gods plan! NS will be tough without it but I am going to try my best to succeed!!
- Aug 9, '12 by jtboog2003Quote from ktg80I had the same thought about the seal when I scanned my stuff in earlier. It's really hard to see, but what can I do? Maybe they have a method for it, or maybe they actually contact your school. I don't know, I'm hoping it isn't an issue.Thanks vtfnp for posting that. I called them Friday to get clarification and they were kinda vauge about if I had received it or was a finalist. I am hoping that you're right and I fretted all weekend for nothing. Congratulations to those others who got good news. I did not think I had any chance at all, so when I received the email I was shocked. I feel so blessed, but am trying to not expect anything until the papers are in and we get an 'official' notice. I went up to school today and got the form taken care of. Did anyone else's seal look kind of weak? I had to shade mine in with a pencil and it is a little hard to make out. Eeek.