2011-2012 HRSA Scholarship Application ProcessRegister Today!
- by European Dec 27, '10Ok I know it is a little early for this but I wanted to open this thread to get the feel for this scholarship. I am planning to apply next year and wanted this thread to be an indicator of what is going on. I called the HRSA and they told me the new scholarship application should be available by end of February.
People that previously applied to this scholarship feel free to give any advice or tips on how to apply.
Thank you all
- Dec 28, '10 by PghRN30I'm definitly planning on applying so I will be paying attention to this thread. Start my nursing program in Feb.
- Dec 28, '10 by Glad2baRNI will be applying as well. I have set up an email notification from their site when it becomes available.
- Dec 28, '10 by mamayogibearI am hoping to apply to the HRSA and NSP scholarships but non of the schools I am applying to announce acceptance letters until after the application deadline. Is it possible to apply on the contingency that I will attend a program in the fall?
I have a 4.0, 0 EFC, am on TANF (do they take that into consideration) and will be going full time for my first degree in the fall so I'm confident I will qualify. The only way I can attend a BSN program is if I get scholarships. I can't wait to start my application and apply, my family needs me to become a nurse
- Dec 28, '10 by mamayogibearOkay so I'm a bit confused. If you recieve this scholarship you have to work at an approved site that has a job listed on their website. However the only listings for jobs I could find are for either PAs or APRNs with masters degrees (these were all in Alaska too). How can someone use the scholarship to obtain a BSN and not owe the money back to them if they don't have any job offerings for BSNs or even ADNs? Perhaps I'm missing something...
- Dec 28, '10 by EuropeanQuote from mamayogibearBy the time of your graduation they will get in touch with you and send you available sites where to work.Okay so I'm a bit confused. If you recieve this scholarship you have to work at an approved site that has a job listed on their website. However the only listings for jobs I could find are for either PAs or APRNs with masters degrees (these were all in Alaska too). How can someone use the scholarship to obtain a BSN and not owe the money back to them if they don't have any job offerings for BSNs or even ADNs? Perhaps I'm missing something...
- Dec 29, '10 by lrobinson5I just looked up the information on the website and I was also curious... Do they give a list of places that you can work? Do they expect you to relocate, and do they guarantee that a job will be offered? I guess I am just hesitant to sign up for something before I know everything there is to know.
I suppose if they guarantee a job it will be better than having to hunt for a job after graduation, but I have a family to think about so I wonder if they will even have a place that is sort of nearby.
- Dec 29, '10 by blessedw2&ahubbyDo you have to have a EFC of O to qualify?
- Dec 29, '10 by EuropeanYes you have to be EFC 0, you can still apply but more likely will not get chosen. Regarding relocation not so sure but very likely you would have to. Hopefully anyone else more knowledgeable on this scholarship will reply to this.
- Dec 30, '10 by Mommydearest5YeahI was going to apply for that, but you cant be in the bridge program or do Excelsior to get ti so I got to apply for another school or sholarship.