Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2013 - Page 5Register Today!
- Sep 8, '12 by wanderleaHI nurserobyn89!
I'm so excited someone else is attending the open house! What specialty are you going to apply for?
- Sep 8, '12 by wanderleaHi kpinkertonlloyd,
How did you do on the GRE? I'm taking it Oct. 26th and so far, like you my practicing is NOT going very well despite my best efforts and studying every day, so I'm hoping you did well because it will give me hope. I will be so sad if I don't get into to Vandy because of this dumb test so any tips would be appreciated! I'm applying to the ACNP intensivist program for fall 2013. I have been an ICU nurse for 10 years and my GPA is 3.8. Going to Vandy would truly be a dream come true and I hope I will be able to find a way to afford going there, IF admitted. I can't wait to be able to submit my application already, but I agree that the whole app process comes with a lot of pressure. My husband is tired of hearing me talk about it so I'm glad that there are others out there I can chat with
- Sep 10, '12 by nurserobyn89Well I was "admitted" to the FNP program for fall 2012 but they didn't realize they were full for both fulltime and part time classes so I was changed to wait listed since I submitted my application late I will be "reapplying" for the FNP program fulltime study. I am already a registered nurse with a BSN so I will also be pursuing the DNP How about yourself?
- Sep 11, '12 by hollysfHi everyone!
I've been following this thread for a while now, but I decided to finally participate. I just got off of the phone with admissions and they told me that we could start submitting our letters of recommendation and our transcripts now, even though the application doesn't open until the 15th. This will be my first time applying to the pre-specialty direct MSN program, and I will be graduating just before the start of the program. I live in San Francisco now, and so it will be a very exciting move for me (if I get in)! Does anyone know what the average GPA/GRE is for accepted students? I know these programs are insanely competitive, but it is always nice to know that you might have a shot.
I am applying for the Midwifery specialty. I am still considering doing the NMW/FNP program, but I would assume this is a more competitive route? Does anyone know?
Anyways, I am trilled to have this resource. I can't wait for the application to open up and so we can really get started on this whole process. Good luck everyone!
- Sep 11, '12 by LetsChillI've already submitted my transcripts and GRE score. I am waiting on the application to open up online so that the recommendation letters can easily be submitted online. I'm still working on the interview survey and goal statement. Those seem to be the biggest hassle.
Does anyone know if we get to submit a resume with the application? I would think the admissions committee would like to see what kind on schooling and experience we have.
- Sep 11, '12 by nurserobyn89when I applied for the Fall 2012 class I submitted a CV
- Sep 11, '12 by wanderleaNurserobyn89,
I'm applying to the ACNP Intensivist program, IF, I do well on the GRE of course. I'm also already an RN with a BSN and I have 10 years experience in ICU. Hope we get to meet at the open houseLast edit by wanderlea on Sep 11, '12 : Reason: Forgot to address it to nurserobyn89
- Sep 11, '12 by wanderleaDoes anyone know if I can apply on 9/15 when the application comes out but submit the GRE scores later? Or do I have to wait until after taking the GRE?
- Sep 11, '12 by LetsChillQuote from wanderleaYes. You can start and/or finish and submit your application without having submitted your GRE score. Same goes for the transcripts. Each just needs to be submitted prior to the priority deadline for first consideration.Does anyone know if I can apply on 9/15 when the application comes out but submit the GRE scores later? Or do I have to wait until after taking the GRE?
- Sep 24, '12 by wanderleaSo this thread has been so quiet lately! Has everyone applied yet? I have everything ready to submit but I'm afraid to do it before knowing how I do on the GRE. I guess there is no point in applying if I get a horrible score.