Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2013 - Page 16Register Today!
- Feb 5 by sarahdukieI just bought my ticket to come down for preview weekend! Anyone else going? =)
- Feb 5 by nurserobyn89Have any FNP applicants received any updates or interviews? Particularly RN BSN applicants?
- Feb 8 by bclark512Hello all,
I applied for the CNM program. Evidently much later than everyone else. Which just adds to the mounting nervous energy! I have a 3.8 cumulative GPA, but my GRE was pretty disappointing: 157, 149, 3.5, obviously no one really knows what their references say and I read back on my interview and worry I didn't say enough or said too much or (on and on).. so yes. Ball of nerves.
I have known midwifery was my path for the past few years (always knew caring for women and babies, but didn't discover midwifery as a profession until 2010), participated in a doula workshop and have done some volunteer doula work, but I still worry that isn't enough. Vanderbilt is impressive in every aspect. There is no other program I would rather be in.
Here's so a beautiful hope <3
BLast edit by bclark512 on Feb 8
- Feb 9 by Obnurse85Got an email for a phone interview for next week. Anyone else get this or has already done a phone interview? Any idea what to expect from it?
I am applying for FNP and am already an RN. Getting kinda anxious with all this waiting.
- Feb 9 by mctlhuntNo email - but worried because I don't check my junk mail before I deleted. Do all FNP applicants have a phone interview?
- Feb 9 by jenny.jI wasn't aware that FNP applicants were required to do interviews.. ahhh!!
- Feb 10 by mctlhuntlooks like, from previous threads, maybe just if they have questions? just ready to know yes or no ; )
- Feb 10 by mctlhuntWere you on waitlist for last year?
- Feb 10 by nurserobyn89I submitted my application after the priority deadline and applied for the dual program NMW/FNP. NMW stated that I wasn't a "good fit" for the program but FNP admitted me. When they told me I was admitted they did not realize that space was full for both fulltime and parttime so I did not find until 2 weeks later that they were full! I spoke with a few people and they said that they could not just "create an extra seat" and that I would have to be moved to waitlisted. Henceforth, no one declined admissions for FNP so I had to "reapply" for the following year and for fulltime position ensuring that everything was complete back in october! They just had me submit an additional letter of recommendation. So everything should be golden this time around!