Seattle U - APNI 2013Register Today!
This is a discussion on Seattle U - APNI 2013 in Pre-Nurse Practitioner Inquiry, part of Advanced Practice Nursing ... Hello everyone - this is my second time applying. A month ago, I bombed the interview! If this...by Calinca Apr 3, '12Hello everyone - this is my second time applying. A month ago, I bombed the interview!
If this is your first time applying, there's a world of information from previous years, especially from the 2012 thread where we reached more than one thousand messages.
I know it's super early to start this thread, but this whole thing takes a long time to prepare and the more time we have before the deadline, the better.
I'm from the Seattle area, my background is Microbiology from the UW and I am again applying for the midwifery track.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=693540©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 32,175 Views
- Apr 3, '12 by readlHello!
I came across the 2012 thread awhile ago and realized how helpful and supportive it can be.
I am also from the Seattle area. I graduated last June (2011) with a BA in Sociology and a BA in Spanish from Seattle University and since have been doing everything I can to prepare to apply for the APNI - CNM track. I have my fingers very crossed for 2013!
- Apr 3, '12 by KCEGHello, Calinca.
Good luck in your application. I'm sorry to hear you weren't accepted this cycle.
I will be applying in 2013 to a few of the direct entry programs, as well.
I'm getting ready to re-take Anatomy and Physiology, as well as Micro, since my previous grades no longer count. Vanderbilt is likely to be my first choice, and beginning next year, they will require A&P and Micro to be taken within the previous five years.
I look forward to hearing from others as we navigate this process.
- Apr 3, '12 by CalincaKCEG: good luck! Which track are you and what's your background?
- Apr 8, '12 by sandrabethGreetings All!
Calinca- I have been following the threads for the past year and a half. I have been that "lurker", I hope to not sound creepy but I have been waiting for the right timing to join the thread! Truthfully, I was hoping you would start the thread. . I was bummed to hear your news but been inspired by your story! However, I would look forward to being your potential classmate.
I grew up in Wyoming and have a BS in Family and Consumer Science from the University of Idaho. I graduated in 03' so like most of you all I have been retaking courses as they have been out to of the time allowance. I am going to Bellevue College right now to accomplish this. I do have some military background in healthcare recently. I will be applying to the FNP track, but have been thinking about AGNP as well. I am leaning towards FNP.
Good luck to everyone and I look forward to bonding with you all!
- Apr 8, '12 by CalincaSandrabeth, these threads helped me in more ways than one, that's why I keep coming back - and reading posts like yours really keep me going.
I hope I can learn from my mistakes and that the lessons that I learned can benefit all of you too. I would be delighted to be your classmate, I already can tell. I hope I pass the interview this time.
- Apr 10, '12 by KCEGThank you, Calinca!
I'm still considering track options, trying to decide between FNP and Psych. I've got a strong interest in psych which led to a lot of undergrad hours, but right now I'm leaning towards FNP. I may end up dual-credentialing down the road if all goes well.
My background is in respiratory therapy, but I transitioned to Industry several years ago and currently work as a sales representative for medical devices.
Good luck to you!
- Apr 27, '12 by LanakaiHello all!
I am so happy to have found this post! I am also going to be applying for the 2013 APNI's AGNP track. I have a BA in public relations and a BA in fashion merchandising (how more irrelevant can it get!!). I have worked in healthcare the last two years and have spent the last year getting my pre-requisites done. As "zig-zagged" as my path may be, I am so excited to be finally working towards a goal that really fits with me. I know we still have awhile but I am wanting to get as familiar as I can with this application process and program.
Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all more in the next several months!
- Jun 15, '12 by knightr4I am just starting to think about Seattle U's grad program. Can anyone give me a sense of what SU looks for in an applicant to these programs? What sort of experience, GPA, etc is required to get in? I have a BA in religious studies and experience as a caregiver. I will be working as a CNA in a hospital starting this summer. I am not sure which track I would go for yet but most likely would want the FNP track. Also, is there a good way to get more info from SU, like a information session or something?
- Jun 15, '12 by knightr4I should say that I have looked at the requirements on the website and I have the pre-reqs completed. Up to this point I have been looking more at 2 yr RN programs near where I live. I would need to relocate for a BSN or for a grad program, which is why I haven't looked into these options too much yet. I LOVED the pre-reqs and found studying the human body really fascinating and exciting, which is partly why I am now thinking I might want to go the nurse practitioner route.