Seattle U - APNI 2013 - Page 6Register Today!
- Oct 26, '12 by Cura te ipsumWe have a few individuals in the 2012 cohort who are making the commute from Puyallup or Tacoma. It is not pleasant!
Some of the clinicals next quarter are scheduled for 10 hours on the floor. We also spend time before or after our "floor time" for meetings with the clinical instructor. Some clinicals are scheduled to end at midnight. My OB clinical this quarter is from 3 - 11pm.
Living in Seattle or on the Eastside makes for a safer commute home after these long days!
- Oct 31, '12 by sarahdukieHi All,
I am applying to the Psychiatric track, but was not able to attend an info session. Was hoping someone might know how competitive the track is versus popular tracks like FNP?
Thanks so much!
- Nov 2, '12 by conniferousHi all,
Has anyone submitted yet?? So curious to know! I myself am applying to the FNP track, but my GPA isn't quite 3.7 although I've been doing well in all my prereqs so far. Hopefully they can overlook it when the read more about me and my experiences. All my other stats seem to be matching up.... Anyway, I'm still working on my letter (almost done! =D) and my letters are being written and sent in soon. Just curious to see where others are in this process. This is my first time applying, so this is all new to me!
- Nov 4, '12 by CalincaConniferous, if you have a strong argument for wanting to be in the FNP track, you will make it. GPA is definitely a black and white situation, they will see your application as a whole. A lot of people who feel ambivalent about their goals might change tracks and I guess that's the purpose! Don't do it if you can explain both in the essay and at the interview why this is so important to you.
I didn't have much to submit because I am reapplying, but I am also finishing my letter and I should be all done. I am just waiting feedback from peer reviewing and hopefully I feel good about the final product. You are going to be just fine, I promise!
- Nov 8, '12 by conniferousThanks for the faith, Calinca!! =D
I do feel I have strong feelings for FNP, I hope =P... Any words of wisdom about the general app, since you are familiar with it?
Also, is it ok if we call in to the admin offices to check if certain documents arrived? I'm sending my app via snail mail and want to make sure it gets to the right place.
- Nov 12, '12 by CalincaI think it's fine to call them, but you could also send them an email - they usually respond within one day. Also, after all your documents have arrived, they will send you a letter with your application #, which you will use to check the progress of your application online. I think they send mine a week after all docs were received.
No words of wisdom, but you if you have specific questions, I will try my best to answer them! The whole process is very straight forward. At this point the part that you CAN control is your essay. Make sure it is unique, make sure you show yourself, make sure it fits with the school's mission.
- Nov 12, '12 by angeljs12000Super exciting again to see all the posts! Good luck Calinca!
- Nov 15, '12 by readlI just spent the past two hours reading through last year's posts. Thank you to everyone for all the helpful information! I am so nervous/excited to begin this whole process. Four more months and we should know our status!
- Nov 20, '12 by PizzamyheartHi all!
I've been scouring the website as well as the application packet for the address for transcripts and GRE test scores to be sent but can't seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone help me out or direct me to somewhere I could find the information?
I know I'm a bit behind in the game but didn't decide to apply to SU until recently. I would super appreciate it!!
- Nov 20, '12 by PizzamyheartAhh nevermind!
I found it...in really tiny print!
Graduate Admission Ofﬁce, Seattle University, 901 12th Avenue, P.O. Box 222000, Seattle, WA 98122-1090
Good luck everybody!