Seattle U - APNI 2013 - Page 11Register Today!
- Feb 3 by flaneurI was under the same impression that you were when I was applying, and didn't think it was possible. However someone in my class applied for and got the scholarship from the very start of the program, so I know there is (or at least was at that point) a way around it. If you are offered admission, I would definitely apply. If you are offered admission and choose to go to SU you can message me directly on here and I can link you with that person so you can converse further.
Quote from Hawaii808Hi flaneur,Thanks for the info on the NHSC scholarship. I was getting my info from http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/downloads/spapplicationguide.pdf On page 7, under "ineligibility" it mentions direct entry programs as ineligible. Maybe there is a way around this then! Thanks for the heads up.
- Feb 4 by SDBruinHello everyone! I applied to SU's APNI program for this coming year as well. Just thought I'd add myself to this discussion board. To answer Hawaii's question, I am applying to the Adult-Gero track. I've been scanning the previous year's threads and have been getting a lot of good information and a better feel for the program. Can't wait to hear back regarding interview decisions!
- Feb 4 by Hawaii808Thanks flaneur. I'll keep you posted. Welcome SD Bruin. I think we are all getting a tad bit excited about interviews!
- Feb 4 by icelindQuote from flaneurThank you for the info flaneur! I wasn't going to apply to the scholarship but definitely will now. I don't think it could hurt and the benefits of the program are wonderful, especially being able to serve in clinics that need the assistance.I was under the same impression that you were when I was applying, and didn't think it was possible. However someone in my class applied for and got the scholarship from the very start of the program, so I know there is (or at least was at that point) a way around it. If you are offered admission, I would definitely apply. If you are offered admission and choose to go to SU you can message me directly on here and I can link you with that person so you can converse further.
- Feb 4 by icelindOh and I'm applying to the FNP track!
So far it looks like:
Family: Hawaii and Icelind
- Feb 4 by salinnI'm for Midwifery too!
- Feb 4 by conniferousWow, the posts are definitely starting to pick up! I'm also applying to the FNP. My nerves are definitely getting to me as it gets closer. I have also applied to med school in the past - short story, I didn't get in, but in all honesty, I feel this field is a way better fit for me. One thing I was asked during the interviews were why not other fields. Make sure you can defend your choice. We have to pick our specialties right out of the gate so any evidence to support your choice is probably helpful.
I wonder how many people applied this year...
- Feb 4 by conniferousAlso, I talked to some friends who are in the program and they said to me that the interviewers were really interested in their support systems. The program is really tough and time consuming so I guess they wanted to make sure we have the support we need during those tough times.
- Feb 6 by Hawaii808I wonder how many applied also - more out of curiosity than anything. Ultimately, highly competitive admissions is highly competitive admissions no matter how you dice it. I guess I am more curious about what the average stats are for applicant pool...GPA, GRE, etc. I know this is only one factor in the process, but it would give me something with which to situate myself in reference with the other applicants to my track. Has anyone applied to other programs?
- Feb 6 by Hawaii808Also, has anyone received an interview invitation? Myself, conniferous, and Icelind will probably be the last since it seems, historically anyway, that FNP apps are last to get notified.