Seattle U - APNI 2013 - page 10
Hello everyone - this is my second time applying. A month ago, I bombed the interview! If this is your first time applying, there's a world of information from previous years, especially from the 2012 thread where we reached... Read More
- 0Jan 30, '13 by Hawaii808Hello everyone,I thought that I would also add myself to the commentary. I feel the stress building now that January is coming to a close. Interview invitations will be going out soon I hope! I wanted to thank you, Calinca, for starting this thread for 2013 and for all of your activity last year. After reading the 2011, 2012, and 2013 discussions, I have a better "feel" for the program and what to expect going into these final few weeks before letters go out. Thanks ;-)Good luck to everyone as we go forward.
- 0Jan 31, '13 by icelindI know what you mean Hawaii, i can feel the stress building in my life too! I'm going through the 2012 post and the anticipation was almost palpable when they were waiting the decision by mail if they've gotten accepted or not...I can only imagine how much more anxious I will be once that time comes.
- 0Feb 1, '13 by CalincaI'm just trying to focus on so many things right now so I don't have to thing about it. Trips, home decor, work, kids activities.. I've been also reading a lot about my future career and that helps me relax. I have a feeling we will be receiving emails next week and so far I'm very calm about it. The worst time is after the interview, it killed me and everyone involved!
- 0Feb 2, '13 by Hawaii808Hi Icelind,I looked at that scholarship also. Unfortunately, what they call "bridge programs" (accelerates, immersion, etc.) are not qualifying for the scholarship according to the NHSC website. I'm not sure what the reasoning would be, but unfortunately that is the way the program is set up. On the flip-side, post-degree we would be eligible for loan repayment programs through NHSC and IHS. Some states also have loan repayment programs that can be quite generous.
- 0Feb 2, '13 by Hawaii808On a different topic: now that we are all waiting for the next move by the CON, would anyone like to share the track they have applied to? I have applied to the FNP track. I know it is traditionally the most competitive option, but because I am from a very rural and isolated area (and plan to return when I am finished), the lifespan approach is very important to my future career goals. Would anyone else like to share? Also, compared to the past couple of year's threads, it seems quiet in here this year. Maybe now that the stress is really starting to hit me, I'm reaching out to you all a bit more since we are all in this together at this point.
- 0Feb 3, '13 by CalincaI noticed how quiet it is here too, Hawaii! Have you gone to the Facebook page? There are a lot of people there buy I'm not sure how many come from here. I noticed that in some years things start to pick up right before the interview. I'm applying to midwifery! I'm crossing my fingers that they will email us this week! Good thing I have a lot of things on my plate now so I don't have to think about it too much.
- 0Feb 3, '13 by flaneurHey there, I'm in my final year of SU's APNI program and just wanted to comment that there are students in my year who applied for and got the NHSC scholarship, so although the website information says that, it's doable. I'm not sure of all the details, but I know that it has been done.
- 0Feb 3, '13 by Hawaii808Hi flaneur,Thanks for the info on the NHSC scholarship. I was getting my info from http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/downloads/spapplicationguide.pdf On page 7, under "ineligibility" it mentions direct entry programs as ineligible. Maybe there is a way around this then! Thanks for the heads up.