Seattle U - APNI 2012 - Page 54Register Today!
- Feb 27, '12 by LeninSvetlanaMyedvyNo, they definitely didn't ask a question that used the word "weakness," but they did ask something about a situation where life gave you lemons, and you describe how you made lemonade. I wish I could remember the wording, but it's all a blur now! I remember having to talk about being in a pair or team at least twice, and I used the same example to illustrate different points. Hope that's clear. They were reading from a paper with typed questions, so pretty sure we all get the same exact questions. hooray!
- Feb 28, '12 by pooja88I'm trying to distract my freaked out mind by focusing on the more aesthetic aspect of my presentation -what I am going to wear. I am not a suit person - spent two hours trying on typical business type dresses, pant/jacket ensembles and skirt suit things...I feel so stiff and self conscious - those types of clothing don't flatter my body type. I was wondering if it would be appropriate to pair an a-line dress, a blazer, tights and medium heels together. I'm not really sure how formal this is but I would prefer wearing something that isn't as form fitting. Any tips from those that have interviewed?
- Feb 28, '12 by LeninSvetlanaMyedvyI am right there with you re: suits. Can't stand wearing suits! I do have a very nice business-y dress (it's from j crew suiting dpt) that is dark gray. I wore the dress with black stockings, black heels, and a black blazer to give the semblance of a suit, but it was better looking (hahaha...). And pearls, of course, so I looked as Catholic as possible (kIDDING).
I would definitely go in what you're comfortable in vs what someone expects of you. At the same time, definitely dress like you would for a corporate interview as much as possible. It sounds like your outfit is similar to mine, and I think it sounds great. I even got compliments from two people in admissions on my outfit, so I'm pretty sure it went over well.
- Feb 28, '12 by CalincaI bet you looked fabulous, Svet!Pooja, I agree with Svetlana, you don't have to wear a suit - suits are a safe option because a lot of people are clueless in terms of dressing up in a professional manner. If you look professional, I'd say go for it!
- Feb 28, '12 by nursestudent1978Nurseprac,
Not from Seattle but my cousin is going to Seattle University right now. I'm actually from California, then moved to Hawaii with the military.
LeahCheers my interview is Friday. I'm pretty nervous. Hopefully, I'm the last for FNP and we get our decisions soon!
- Feb 28, '12 by LeahCheersChristymel- you are going to do great! Is it just you or was your interview invite an email to multiple people? Like did they let you pick a time slot? I am sure we will hear shortly after that I can't imagine there will be another whole interview day after yours...but I guess who knows :-). Good Luck and try to relax!!
- Feb 28, '12 by pooja88May, thanks for posting info on the adult/gero specialty number of admissions. I'm really hoping they err on the higher side (although on this forum there don't seem to be all too many of us applying for that one). I'm crossing my fingers.
Thanks Svetlana/Calinca for your advice on the outfit. I tend to dress conservatively in general and people tell me that when I dress up it's classy so I'm hoping that works for the professional aspect too! I just want to wear something that is ME and I like daintier things like dresses and pearls so...I know I'll be less self-conscious that way too...Ha!
I'm so envious of those who are done with interviews! I would love to have this weight off my chest. Good luck esp to Calinca whose interview is tomorrow!! You will shine, I'm sure
- Feb 28, '12 by NursePracHereIcomeGood luck tomorrow, Calinca!!
- Feb 28, '12 by NPjustineMayblazey, Murse, Svetlana and others -
Do you recall if the interviewers asked any questions that were especially difficult, put you on the spot, or threw you off? Were the questions pretty consistent with what has been mentioned on this board or did the interviewers throw any curveballs?
- Feb 28, '12 by CalincaThank you guys!! I'll post as soon as I can tomorrow.
I wish I was like this:
But right now I'm like this: