Seattle U - APNI 2012 - Page 53Register Today!
- Feb 26, '12 by 22kelsey22Hello all! Had my interview Friday for the ACPH track, it was nerve racking and it's so hard to tell how you're doing! I guess that it is pretty standard for interviewers not to give you any clues on how it's going, but it's so hard not to take it personal! My track is the only non-NP track, and I think they are very sensitive to the idea that people understand the ACPH track, and I got the vibe that they thought I didn't understand the track even though I absolutely think I do! I got tongue tied and kept saying the same things (blehh!) and also had trouble with the conflict question! I think they are looking for an example of when you had a conflict, resolved it, and continued to work with that person/people in a productive, professional way. I'm glad it's over but wish I could do it again :/
- Feb 27, '12 by kaliumI had my interview yesterday and am relieved it's over. I actually walked away pretty satisfied with myself because I felt like I did relatively well. Of course, I forgot some things I wanted to mention! Right now, I feel like I won't really be surprised either way with the outcome. I'm not overconfident or really doubting my chances. Looks like we'll all know by mid-March. Good luck to everyone!
- Congratulations to all who have finished the process, hang in there!
Good morning and happy interview week for the rest of us!
You all have it inside of you - "keep calm and carry on".Last edit by Calinca on Feb 27, '12
- Feb 27, '12 by mz_maritcalinca is our guru, mentor, sage.. all of the above! thank you for the calming words
- hahahaha, It relaxes ME when I am here typing these words. I keep saying those things to myself, maybe I'll believe them!
I am so very glad I can help!Last edit by Calinca on Feb 27, '12
- Feb 27, '12 by murse practitionerhey everyone,
for those of you that had your interview last wednesday, the 22nd, do you remember who the faculty were doing the interviews? I know one was Anne Hirsch, was the other one Tiffany Jasperson? There is a pic of her here, just not sure if this was her. Please let me know! Seattle University - College of Nursing - Faculty and Staff Directory
- Feb 27, '12 by LeninSvetlanaMyedvyHad my interview today. It was more challenging than I expected, but I tried to relax and have fun, and I feel good about it. It seems to me they want to know how you work in a group and what have been the most challenging experiences of, well, your life. We all know this program is super hard, and I feel like they were trying to see who/what/when/where/why/how your mettle has been tested before. Just my perception I forget the faculty that interviewed, but they were two women! That helps a lot, haha. They were both smiling and friendly. One thing that surprised me was that we all sat at a really small round table. Very intimate! Good luck everyone, esp Calinca & the other CNMers! :spin:
- Feb 27, '12 by NPjustineCONGRATS LeninSvetlanaMyedvy!! Sounds like you nailed it. I'm a bit envious of everyone who has completed their interview as I have to wait until this weekend. Calinca, thanks for being so supportive and positive (as always). Good luck to you!
- Guys! So nice to login and see well wishes coming from you, thank you. I really hope we find out we're going to be classmates, I really do.Svet, did they ask you what your weakness was?
- Feb 27, '12 by LeahCheersmurse, I actually couldn't find out the name of the second interviewer. She was extremely nice though! I also don't know if that is her in the picture....sorry I am not much help!