NP Age - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 11, '12 by PatMac10,RNI would like to ask the question from another end of the spectrum. I am in my second semester of my ADN program now. I am currently 19 and will hopefully graduate at 20! It is my goal to continue straight on to my MSN-FNP. Giving myself an extra year, I figure I should be 24 or near 25 by the time I get my MSN, if that is still the requirement during that time, do you think my age will affect me getting a job as an NP? I ask this because I look really young and am always getting asked how old I am by staff and patiens at the hopsital. Thaks for your time and consideration of the matter!
- Apr 14, '12 by VespertinasYour age may not but your lack of experience will.
- What experience are you referring to? Lack of NP experience? Or lack of nursing experience? Because by that time I will have 3 to 5 years of working as a nurse. Or are you saying that I will need more nursing experience than 4 years?
- Apr 14, '12 by VespertinasOh excuse me! (not sarcastic hehe... it's hard to tell through a computer) I assumed you would not be both working and doing your MSN. Best of luck
- No problem. Thanks!
- Apr 14, '12 by BCgradnurseGo for it!!! I got my NP at age 47 and it's the best thing I ever did.
- I most certainly will! What do you like about bring an NP? What kind of NP are you?