Loyola New Orleans DNP Summer/Fall 2013 - page 4
Has anyone applied to or has already been granted admission to Loyola BSN-DNP starting this summer/fall?If you are waiting on acceptance how long have you been waiting? If you are already accepted how was the admission process?... Read More
- 0Mar 8, '13 by Layna22I haven't started, but I'm assuming you can spread it out as long as its completed in 5 years, but I may be wrong. Probably the classes will have to be taken as listed, but the practicums will be when you can schedule them yourselves.
I plan on working FT, I work night shift on a Pediatric Neuro ICU. But we will see how it goes, but I guarantee I will keep working FT in some way another, whether switching back to my normal floor with is a Pediatric Neuro unit (not ICU) but step-down, switching to days, or moving to weekends or something.
But... Time will tell.
I have applied for a bunch of scholarships ... Can't find grants, so some suggestions would be great. Soooo, I guess loans are what it will be.
- 0Mar 13, '13 by Born_2BRNQuestion all! When they contacted you for interview did they contact you via email or phone call? It's going on two weeks and I haven't heard anything back yet. They told me it will be late last week or this week I will hear back when to interview. Just curious that's all.
- 0Mar 13, '13 by dnt8178I was contacted via email from the faculty member conducting my interview. She posted some available days that she would be doing interviews and asked us to respond to which day worked best for us. I had my interview yesterday...now just waiting to hear on the decision of acceptance.
- 0Mar 13, '13 by dnt8178BORN_2BRN
The interview went well (in my opinion). It lasted about 20mins and she just asked me some basic questions like why did I choose this school, what I want to do with my degree, what did I think about the role of an FNP? Easy questions but nothing to really prepare for. She said the faculty has a meeting after all the interviews to submit their recommendations and it is there that decisions will b made. She did say she was not certain if the notice came in the mail only or if we would receive an email and a letter. So I guess I will continue to ruin my manicure while I wait for their response(about to pick up my old bad habit of nail biting ...hoping i will have enough fingerprints left to sign my except acceptance paperwork)
- 0Mar 14, '13 by Layna22I am anxious to get the information about school itself. I am so in the dark about all of this it's driving me crazy. Hopefully when all of the "regular admission" as opposed to "early admission" students get accepted then they will send information out about what to do next.