GRE's needed for NP programs?Register Today!
- by jlynn2303 Mar 7Hi, do NP programs require GRE's? Does it matter if I have a master's degree in something else?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=820191©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 501 Views
- Mar 7 by NJprisonrnDepends on the school. My school (Richard Stockton) didn't require them. I remember UPENN let's you skip them if your GPA is above a certain level. Check the websites or email them for specifics
- Mar 7 by myelinIf you already have a masters, many schools let you waive the GRE, since you presumably can handle graduate level work.
- Mar 11 by foxyhill21The school I attend requires the gre.
- Mar 11 by bbccHonestly, if you've already got your Master's degree that shows that you can probably handle the GRE just fine, at least the English and Writing portions. A strong GRE can only help your application, so it might be worth it to take it anyway - and not eliminate the majority of programs who do ask for them.
UIC waives the GRE if your GPA is adequate.