Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing-FNP Program - page 12
Hi all, I am thinking about applying to Frontier for the FNP Program. While I have read and heard great things about the midwifery program, I haven't heard much about the FNP Program. I would appreciate any feedback from... Read More
- 0May 22, '12 by lululucyHello, I got accepted to the NYU adult primary program back when I was in my undergraduate and just recently found out that if I decide to transfer to their new FNP program, I have to do full time. I'm strongly considering applying to FNU now, not only because I've heard so many positive comments, but also because I can do part time online. I don't know if this is a smart move. And how easy is it to find a preceptor in NYC? Also, seeking to talk to anyone from NYC who is applying or is already in the program. Thank you!Last edit by lululucy on May 22, '12
- 0Jun 26, '12 by raza718mI am also applying to Frontier. I am just finishing up my BSN and will apply for Winter 2013. I live in NY - Long Island and also am worried about finding a preceptor. I work for Stony brook and they have a Adult NP program but I want to do FNP. Im looking forward to replies by nys students....
- 0Jul 30, '12 by Kristen-KHey guys! I'm thinking of applying to the Frontier FNP Program. I have heard the program is pretty tough, so I was hoping to hear someone's opinion about working full time during the program?? Also, when do clinicals start during the program if you do the full time status?? I've also been looking at Walden. They have a new CCNE accredited FNP program that can be completed in 1.5 years, but it's very new, so I'm hesitant.
- 0Aug 30, '12 by raza718mevery program will probably be tough, thats why I decided to do it part-time instead of going in full time and going crazy. Also my word of advice to everyone before they choose a program, make sure that your state recognizes it. I live in NY and there are only a few programs that New York State will accept and Frontier is one of them. I was looking into Walden also but NY does not accept them. Best of luck for everyone. I am gettin my transcripts and reference letters prepared for Frontier. Hopefully I will be Frontier bound sometime in the summer!
- 0Sep 30, '12 by owlRN01Quote from MC207Hey! I'm in Florida and will be applying for the CNM program for fall or winter 2013 Working on my 1 year of experience right now and studying for the MAT since my gpa doesn't quite make the cut.Hello! I'm applying for the WHCNP program at frontier starting next fall. I'm looking for future students from FLORIDA...anyone out there?! Seems I'm the only one!
- 0Oct 26, '12 by RNmomof3boysHey guys! This week I sent my application in for CWHNP class 113. On my app I put full time (I need to work full time the first year I go to school) and have three boys and a husband. The more I think about this the more I am questioning full time vs. part time. Any thoughts from anybody. I am very excited but worried I may have bit off more than I can chew. Or is this normal doubt now that my app is in. I have had awful dreams the last couple nights since I sent my app in. I know that I won't know anything for like 5 months... So who knows why I am so stressed about this!!
- 0Dec 31, '13 by empress2676Happy New Year everyone! I will be applying to class 125 and had a question in regards to the portfolio. I'm STUCK lol. the questions seem simple but I don't know what they are looking for. I have a ADN and I'm applying for the direct entry program ( have a bachelors and master in another discipline). Did anyone complete there portfolio portion and can give some pointers on how to answer the questions. The deadline is Jan 25 and I just found out about the school so I'm in a mad dash. Any information/insight would help.