Frontier Nursing UniversityRegister Today!
- by marienurse18 Mar 7Application submitted to class 116. Anyone else? It's a long wait to hear June/July....
- Apr 16 by RN2FNP2BHi marienurse 18! I actually just applied to class 117! My frontier bound would be scheduled a week later than yours so I am right there with you impatiently waiting!
Anyone else apply to 116 or 117?
- Apr 16 by RN2DNP4.5I just applied to Class 117...already biting my nails to the quick!
- Apr 16 by JoryThere are several people that have 4.0 GPA's that did not get into Frontier, me being one of them. My advice is to apply to other schools as a back up plan. I applied to another school (whose program that I admit, I didn't research very well) never expecting not to get into the program. Several others have posted on here the same. What kind of student they are looking for, who knows. If you get put on a waiting list, sometimes you'll call back to find out you got moved DOWN the list instead of up.
I have learned they make the rules up as they go along...when I inquired about what I could do to make my application stronger (with a very short, simple, very respectful e-mail), let's just say I got a borderline nasty response in return. Phone calls that previously got instantly returned, didn't get returned at all.
You know how several people have posted on here that they were waitlisted for one class and then offered guaranteed admission at a future class? When I asked about that they told me that they didn't offer that option to anyone, when anyone on this message board knows isn't true.
Yes, I know I may sound like sour grapes, but I get a little suspicious when an application at the end asks how many dependents you have....because that has NOTHING to do with your strength as a nurse.
- Apr 18 by RN2DNP4.5Quote from RN2FNP2BI think this is going to be an interesting wait..I do not think that I have ever heard of having to prepare for school before you even find out if you get in in the first place! hee hee Do you mind if I ask where you will be coming from RN2FNP2B? Me...Western New York!I'm there with you Rn2dnp4.5! I'm nervous excited and don't like that we have to wait so long! Lets keep in touch and hope we get to meet each other in August!
- Apr 18 by RN2DNP4.5Oh I will...when you take a whole year to make a decision as big as this one nothing and no one can shake my resolve!
- Apr 18 by RN2FNP2BQuote from RN2DNP4.5I think this is going to be an interesting wait..I do not think that I have ever heard of having to prepare for school before you even find out if you get in in the first place! hee hee Do you mind if I ask where you will be coming from RN2FNP2B? Me...Western New York!
I am from Central PA!