FNP Program University of Maryland Fall 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 18 by Babyrn1218I also estimated 36 And I thought handing out the powerpoints/plans of study was a good thing. I'm trying to stay positive, but I keep feeling like I should know already!!! Ill keep you posted if I hear something.
- Apr 19 by roxxy3773I also applied for the part time program too. It is discouraging to keep checking with no change, but I am trying not to let that get me down. Hoping we are part of the 20 and that we will hear today. Fingers crossed! I will post as soon as I hear something too!
- Apr 20 by wkirnI called the school right before they closed yesterday and was told that decisions would be out by Wednesday of next week.
- Apr 20 by roxxy3773Wkirn-
Thanks for the update! You sound like a great applicant, I am surprised you didn't get an interview too. Did you apply anywhere else?
- Apr 20 by wkirnHi roxxy--Thanks for the compliment! I did not apply anywhere else, but it will be okay if I don't get in. I may decide to apply to MD again and probably Hopkins as well which may be a bit more convenient for me. It's been a while (15 years) since I've been in school with the exception of a couple grad courses 12 years ago and I did not realize how competitive these programs have gotten. The only problem is that not getting in for the Fall will hold me up a full year since Hopkins only admits for the Fall and I think that the next available semester for MD will be the Fall of 2014 as well with the DNP conversion. I'm on a bit of a roll now with taking the Pharm course last Fall and currently finishing the Pathophys course at MD. I would of liked to continue on, but it's okay if not. I just have to figure out what held me from getting an interview. I will probably email the director of the program to get some insight once I get official notice.
- Apr 22 by Babyrn1218Maybe they sent out their decsions and are waiting for people to accept/decline and then have backups? My status online says "commitee ready" still. Roxy- have you heard from any of the other schools you applied to?
- Apr 22 by roxxy3773I'm still hoping they haven't sent decisions out, especially since wkirn said they would have them out by Wednesday, so I am still hopeful. I actually didn't apply anywhere else. We just moved to the area so I will be applying to more schools next year if I don't get in this year. How about you? Did you apply anywhere else?
- Apr 22 by Babyrn1218Hopefully that's the case. This year I only applied to Maryland, it was my top choice & I live in the Baltimore area. I have always wanted to go back to school & am coming up on 3 years experience as a nurse. I don't know how I feel about the DNP option, I sort of feel like that's alot for NP, considering med school is only 3 years & PA school only 2. Anyways, keeping my fingers crossed for us!! If this year is not the year, I plan to apply to a few schools that still offer MSN programs next year.
- Apr 24 by roxxy3773Anybody hear anything? I'm still committee ready .
- Apr 24 by wkirnNo, still committee ready. We have to hear something by this week. I just want an official notice at this point. My co-worker who applied to the Acute Care/CNS program found out that she got in last Thursday. Her status changed in the computer and she received a call from the school on the same day. When I did a search for FNP UMD on this site prior to placing my post, I noticed that people who applied back around 2009 were still waiting to hear something about admission into this program in late April maybe even early May. I hope this is not the case for us. Fingers crossed that we will know by the end of this week.