Fnp or adult/geriatric np?Register Today!
- by jprn0809 Jul 24, '12HI EVERBODY ITS MY FIRST TIME IN THIS SITE. IM PLANNING TO START MY MASTERS FOR NP... AND IM A LITTLE CONFUSED...HERE ARE SOME OF MY QUESTIONS
1. WHAT IS DIFFERENCE OF FAMILY NP AND GERIATRIC/ADULT NP?
2. WHICH ONE IS MORE PREFERABLY TO TAKE FNP OR GERIATRCI ADULT NP?
3. WHICH SCHOOL SHOULD I GO? CALSTATE LONG BEACH (LONGER WAITING LIST-CHEAPER) OR UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX?
- Jul 24, '12 by Amy71I asked around and spoke to different nurse practitioner and they all said that the family 1 is better because you can always specialize later,, unless you are positive you are going to always want to work with the geriatric population. But the family nurse practitioner will allow work in any field. Check the schools passing rate for the nurse practitioner certification program and make sure they are accredited.
- Jul 25, '12 by BostonFNPWow. Caps.
Based on national trends, FNP is the way to go.