Fall 2014 Admissions
- 0Feb 21 by scarykarreyI figured I'd open a general thread for those of us waiting on admissions decisions for Fall 2014, who have applied to more than one school.
List your schools, the programs you applied to, and your stats. Aaaaand, GO!
- 13,499 Visits
- 0Feb 21 by Jason'sgirlI have been an RN since 2006 and have worked at the bedside on medsurg/tele/critical care units. Currently I work in case management as a utilization review nurse. After starting my nursing career with an ADN I went back and earned a BSN. I have applied at Grand Canyon University and to Northern Arizona University for their FNP program. My GPA is 3.34. Expecting to hear back from both schools by the end of March 2014.
- 0Feb 22 by Ashleigh RN, BSNWe just asked very similar questions
I applied to Chapel Hill, UNC Charlotte, UNC Wilmington, and the University of Alabama. Haven't heard back from any of them yet. Applied for FNP and also PMHNP where it's offered. I can't decide myself which path I want to take, I have experience in psych and medical, so I figured I'd let the schools decide for me!
GPA - overall 3.74, just in nursing 3.9
GRE - 152V/162Q/4.0A
2 years experience
- 0Mar 7 by scarykarreyI'm supposed to hear about Allen College this week! Today is Friday, so hopefully it'll be by the end of the day today. I've got an interview at UIC next week, and then the deadline for UAB isn't until the end of this month, so it'll be forevers before I hear about that one.
SIGH. HURRY UP AND WAIT.
- 0Mar 7 by rnmindyOk, this wait for a response is KILLING ME! I applied to USA (University of South Alabama) for their PNP program. I applied for the Fall 2014. They state on their website that we won't hear anything until 6-8 weeks after the application deadline which ends April 1st! That puts us into mid May before getting an answer! That really sucks since I sent my application in December! Anway, I had a 3.56 overall and 3.25 Nursing GPA. I didn't take the GRE as it was not required. I have been a nurse for 7 years, 3 of those years were in Peds ICU and the others have been spent in outpatient care and in the Compliance department. My passion is Peds to fingers crossed I get in! I cant take this wait!!