Fall 2012 NP Applications - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 12, '12 by silverbelleI have applied to Vanderbilt ACNP (long distance) direct entry....any one else? Good Luck everybody!!!
- Jan 13, '12 by KyelvertonRNI've applied to USA's MSN FNP program, USI, and Georgetown. Apparently Kaplan has a program, what does anyone know about it?
- Jan 13, '12 by MulticollinearityI keep thinking about the University of Arizona DNP program, but it is just god-awful expensive! The website says most first year doctoral students receive financial support and in subsequent years as funding allows. Does anyone know details about this?
- Jan 16, '12 by dottimurI have applied to Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center and University of North Dakota for mid-January. I live in OK and nursing is my second career. I have a BS in math from a long time ago and had an undergraduate GPA of 2.57 (certainly a liability). I have an ADN and I got all As except 1 B giving me a 3.96. I am in my last semester of getting a MS in Nursing Education from OUHSC and I have a 4.0 in my graduate work. I am hoping my undergraduate GPA will not hurt me too badly. I am limited to programs not requiring a BSN but am looking at the following programs (have to pare down the list!!!):
University of Missouri Columbia
University of Southern Alabama
Univeristy of Colorado (Denver)
Cox College Springfield
University of Colorado Colorado Springs
St Louis Unversity
KUMC KC, KS
Graceland Independence, MO
If anyone has any feedback on this list to help me pare it down or highlight good experiences, let me know. Good luck to all!
- I have applied to UAB for Fall 2012. My first choice is FNP, my second choice is ACNP. I am waiting for my transcripts to be auidted so they can offically waive the GRE requirement. I have submitted everything else they require, so it's a waiting game at this point. I live in Atlanta. Where are you?
- I live in Warner Robins near Macon, GA. My first choice is ANP, second ANP/Women's health NP and third ACNP for UAB. I am in the process of writing my essay. How long was your's? Mine seems so long. I had a great conversation with the ANP director. Seems like really nice people. This seems so stupid, but I didn't calculate university of arizona's tuition before applying. Wow.....it's super expensive and I don't know if I will be able to afford it. Right now I'm really leaning toward UAB.
- My essay was 3-4 pages plus reference page. I know what you mean about cost. Even UAB is expensive to me. I had HOPE for my bachelor's so I'm dreading all the student loans. Fortunatel,y the hospital I work for offers tuition reimbursement -- which is minimal, but every little bit helps. I also plan to apply for any possible scholarships that may be available. Good luck on your essay!
- Ok. I don't feel bad now. Mine is 4 pages and I still have to add the reference page. I will probably submit on Friday. I don't want to submit on the same day I finish the essay because I want to go back and edit and look at grammar and punctuation with a fresh set of eyes. Where else have you applied? Did you put a third choice for UAB?
- I have not applied anywhere else, but if I don't get into UAB I will apply at Vandy. I didn't select a 3rd choice because I am only interested in either FNP or ACNP.
- Many people at my hospital were accepted into ACNP at UAB this last app cycle. I worry about applying to ACNP for fear of not finding a job after graduation. Is ACNP very marketable in Atlanta? If I already worked for a group of docs I would not fear applying to ACNP so much, but right now I have no connections. A friend of mine started Vandy this fall for ACNP. She said it's tough, but she loves it.