anyone currently enrolled in Georgetown? - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 26, '12 by bvwatts04I have applied to a local university however I did not get in. They required at least 5 years experience as an RN. I too am worried because my GPA is 3.42 but I have heard mixed messages. The admissions personnel I have been working with said that the GPA isnt the only thing they look at, but if that is the main component I am worried. Just because I am not a straight A student doesnt mean that I am not a great student or nurse. So we will see. I have all of my letters and my statement in. I am going to complete my video tomorrow so then it will be complete. Are you going for the FNP?
What program did you not get into, if you dont mind me asking?
- Mar 26, '12 by KyelvertonRNI did not get into University of Southern Indiana. I am still waiting to hear from South Alabama. I had almost straight A's until nursing school started. My BSN program was really new, and had a lot of problems, and my GPA dropped a little, which is frustrating because I was still near the top of my class. I'm so nervous.
- Apr 9, '12 by bvwatts04Any word from Georgetown Kyelverton?
- Apr 11, '12 by KyelvertonRNI just got my acceptance today!!! So excited. now i have to make a decision. I was so decided on georgetown until it became real, now the money is scaring me. What do i do!?!? lol
- Apr 11, '12 by bvwatts04That is awesome! Congrats! Did you get accepted to South Alabama? I am still waiting to hear from Georgetown. There was a glitch with one of my references and it was just finished late last week. So I probably wont hear for another week or two.
- Apr 11, '12 by KyelvertonRNI was accepted to South Alabama as well. I had a similar problem with a reference, it was faxed, but took a few times for their system to find it i guess. Let me know what happens!
- Apr 30, '12 by briannalee03Hey Everyone, I just registered for my first semester of the FNP program at Georgetown. I am in the June 2012 cohort, part time. I'm worried about the financial aspect as well, but as so many of you have said, I believe it will pay off in the end. Since I want to work with underserved populations anyway, I'm really hoping I can get some loan forgiveness. Does anyone know how those programs work. I've heard you have to apply way ahead of time and they are super competitive? Anyway, for now I'm really excited to be starting! Does anyone know how intense the parttime program is ( I know its 2 classes per semester, but wondering how busy it feels). I plan to work 20-30 a week while I do it. Good luck to everyone waiting for acceptance
- May 7, '12 by jhopson23I was accepted to Georgetown's FNP program for the March 2012 cohort, but I postponed til August because I just wasn't ready to commit. Since then I've been accepted to two other more traditional programs, which are much cheaper (1/3 the cost) but longer (2-3 years), and I'm still so unsure! Has anyone started Georgetown's program?
- May 20, '12 by AmylynetteBSNKyelvertonRN ~ Did you decide to attend Georgetown? Will you be starting in June or August? I have been accepted to the August cohort part-time and I am looking for others in the program! Patti_RN ~ Will you be going part-time or full-time? jhopson23 ~ What did you decide? Will you be attending in August?
- May 23, '12 by jhopson23AmylynetteBSN, Georgetown is definitely my preference...just have to make sure I can get the financial side worked out. I plan to attend full-time, but I'll have to work some so we'll see how that goes.